Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] *** Kent v Sussex *** Match thread

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Covid isolation is nearly over which means that the eight missing last week are now available. So, welcome back to the squad Robbo, Haines, Atkins and Hunt. James Coles and Harrison Ward also join the group. Van Zyl is out on his ear - Salisbury says that he hasn't scored enough runs for an overseas player (which makes you wonder whether he was asleep during Head's innings). Garton is still self-isolating, so is Thomason and CJ is still injured. It looks Mitchell Claydon may have played his last FC game.

Team is Ben Brown (c), Jamie Atkins, Jack Carson, Oli Carter, James Coles, Tom Haines, Travis Head, Sean Hunt, Danial Ibrahim, Stuart Meaker, Ali Orr, Ollie Robinson, Harrison Ward

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Delayed start. It will now kick off at 12. No team announced yet but clearly Meaker, Hunt and Atkins won't all play

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
A County Game? in July? Have the ECB lost their senses, any ful kno it's played in May and September these days...

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Icymi

[tweet]1414147866109652998[/tweet]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
A bit of a shock in the team selection: no Ben Brown, I've no idea why.

Ollie is captaining what must be the youngest team ever put out by Sussex - only two players over 24 and with four teenagers.

EDIT: the average age of the team is 20 years and three months, that's just bonkers

An old face is playing for Kent - Harry Finch is at no 3 but, in another shock, there's no DBS in the Kent line-up

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
A bit of a shock in the team selection: no Ben Brown, I've no idea why.

Ollie is captaining what must be the youngest team ever put out by Sussex - only two players over 24 and with three teenagers.

An old face is playing for Kent - Harry Finch is at no 3 but, in another shock, there's no DBS in the Kent line-up

Brown is “missing out as a COVID precaution” via Sussex CCC Twitter.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brown is “missing out as a COVID precaution” via Sussex CCC Twitter.

Yeah, just seen the tweet. Although it also says that Carter is making his FC debut. Was the social media manager asleep all last week when Carter played against Glamorgan?

I've also seen the tweet as to why Kent have got such a strange team

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone else having trouble watching the live stream?
"An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID: Lf8aBeapkaoVJZuu) Learn More"

Avainale on Youtube, but players jumoing around ike a Charie Chaplin movie in between buffering!

P.S. As yoou were - it's come on now!

P.P.S. Still a mix of buffering and Charlie Chaplin!

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Anyone else having trouble watching the live stream?

Avainale on Youtube, but players jumoing around ike a Charie Chaplin movie in between buffering!

P.S. As yoou were - it's come on now!

P.P.S. Still a mix of buffering and Charlie Chaplin!

For anybody having difficulties, here's a full spread of options to tear whatever hair anybody has left out to:

Sussex CCC match centre:
https://sussexcricket.co.uk/match-c...match-id=f5e3a15f-5fc9-4e06-954e-fc4323405818

Kent CCC Match Centre:
https://live.kentcricket.co.uk/

Youtube:

Obviously all showing the same stream, but people might find one or other of the websites work better for them for whatever reason. Seem to be working fine for me.

24/0 as I look at it now, I assume they're saving the inevitable catastrophic collapse for after lunch.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
In some ways Alastair Orr reminds me of a certain other tall, left-handed opening bat with the same forename. Early days, obviously, but he is impressive.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Two wickets before lunch - it's the Sussex way

This is Head's big chance to make some runs: it's a second string attack

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington

I assume he's saving all the runs up for when he gets recalled for Australia against England, and inevitably smashes us all over the ground just as we think we're getting on top.

I'm angry already :angry:

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Head Bowled Podmore 9
53 Mins 29 Balls 1 Four O sixes
FoW 68-4

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Yeah, just seen the tweet. Although it also says that Carter is making his FC debut. Was the social media manager asleep all last week when Carter played against Glamorgan?

I've also seen the tweet as to why Kent have got such a strange team

Yeah they make a few mistakes. Robinson made the England squad “for the first time” there times :eek:

Edit, just seen that Fynn Hudson-Prentice is resigning! Interesting. I’d have Burgess back too.

https://twitter.com/sussexccc/status/1414196645013622784?s=21

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah they make a few mistakes. Robinson made the England squad “for the first time” there times :eek:

Edit, just seen that Fynn Hudson-Prentice is resigning! Interesting. I’d have Burgess back too.

https://twitter.com/sussexccc/status/1414196645013622784?s=21

Yes, FHP has done well since he left. I don't know about Burgess though - Carter is a better option as reserve keeper. Sussex are clearly trying to develop their youth and it looks like some will make it

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yet again Travis shows he has the shots, and then gets out.
He averages 13.4.
It’s baffling.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here