NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Listen on radio 5 now. Tears.

Jimmy Grimble

Who were the lucky recipients?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
I bought a ticket to world cup finals without realizing it’s also my wedding day! Does anyone want to go in my place?

The church is St Antony’s and the brides’ name is Joanna..

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Heard the guy on radio yesterday and basically was offered 10k for his 2 tickets but decided , as he couldn't go today , to give them away to the most in his opinion deserved case via email !

Obviously bombarded he chose the recipient , he was chatting away and was asked had he spoken to the recipient, he said no just her mum .

Then long lost family stylee Laura , the recipient was also on the line .

I thought it was genuine kindness coupled with genuine thanks , top bloke .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Saw that developing on Twitter yesterday I think…….

In other news re tickets being given away, last week Keir Starmer called the Government ‘reckless’ for going ahead with a big crowd…….today he’s also managed to blag a couple of free tickets. :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Very generous. Would have been better if he’d contacted a charity privately and given them away without the publicity.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw that developing on Twitter yesterday I think…….

In other news re tickets being given away, last week Keir Starmer called the Government ‘reckless’ for going ahead with a big crowd…….today he’s also managed to blag a couple of free tickets. :shrug:

Matters not which party, they are nearly all self serving egotistical hypocritical people imo.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
HWT DM me please. I can’t seem to contact you

Morning. I have tried to PM you but can't. Perhaps you haven't set up your account to permit PMs? That or perhaps as you're new you are on probation. I am ccing a friendly mod for advice, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Very generous. Would have been better if he’d contacted a charity privately and given them away without the publicity.

Also would have been better if he’d just give a set amount away privately every month. Etc etc

Come on, let him get a bit of joy out of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Better to fish in the biggest pond available. The final is not weeks away. The recipients were perfect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who were the lucky recipients?

A mother and daughter. They are both England mad. The daughter was given 18 months to live - 2.5 years ago. Since then she has been insiprationally positive and engaged and is a paradigm for anyone battling terminal cancer. As I said above, if the bloke had tried to find 'worthy' recipients discretely he'd still be looking.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Heard the guy on radio yesterday and basically was offered 10k for his 2 tickets but decided , as he couldn't go today , to give them away to the most in his opinion deserved case via email !

Obviously bombarded he chose the recipient , he was chatting away and was asked had he spoken to the recipient, he said no just her mum .

Then long lost family stylee Laura , the recipient was also on the line .

I thought it was genuine kindness coupled with genuine thanks , top bloke .

Well done him….but wouldn’t it have been better to take the 10k and give it to charity?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Well done him….but wouldn’t it have been better to take the 10k and give it to charity?

No.

Laura’s story and personality has been highlighted by this incredible gesture and will inspire hundreds or thousands of people who are poorly at the moment. That would normally cost a lot more than £10k.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016

Not sure about that, I’m increasingly thinking that direct charity, as close to the recipients as possible. £10k to a big charity is probably about £1k of value ending up with the people that need it. (All numbers made up)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
No.

Laura’s story and personality has been highlighted by this incredible gesture and will inspire hundreds or thousands of people who are poorly at the moment. That would normally cost a lot more than £10k.

Fair enough, I’ve only seen the headline not the background story to it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Morning. I have tried to PM you but can't. Perhaps you haven't set up your account to permit PMs? That or perhaps as you're new you are on probation. I am ccing a friendly mod for advice, [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]

PMs aren't enabled until you've completed a certain number of posts and are fully verified by the mod team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here