Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We're good

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It’s amazing, it’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s the sale of the f**king century....like we’re the only club in the history of association fusballoon to ever think of such a thing.

I’m both impressed and utterly speechless.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Quite a few of our fans need to read this bit :

‘The Seagulls will make mistakes, and not all of the players who they sign will succeed’

……every time they piss their pants over a signing that doesn’t work out. We’ll always have winners and losers, and probably more of the latter.

larus

It’s amazing, it’s a deal, it’s a steal, it’s the sale of the f**king century....like we’re the only club in the history of association fusballoon to ever think of such a thing.

I’m both impressed and utterly speechless.

I may be missing the whole point of your post, but I thought it was very complimentary. It’s the whole approach of the club to recruitment - the in-depth analysis of players and the wide ranging search for inexpensive, quality signings.

They recognise that for us to achieve stability in the PL, we need to do things differently from the ‘traditional’ approach adopted by most other clubs. It’s taking time but we can see improvement.

For that to be recognised by other clubs is kudos IMO.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I may be missing the whole point of your post, but I thought it was very complimentary. It’s the whole approach of the club to recruitment - the in-depth analysis of players and the wide ranging search for inexpensive, quality signings.

They recognise that for us to achieve stability in the PL, we need to do things differently from the ‘traditional’ approach adopted by most other clubs. It’s taking time but we can see improvement.

Agree. It holds us up as a great well run club. Something we should be proud of.

It’s not like being called the team of the eighties. No such hollow rubbish

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
The Athletic understands the fees to be considerably less than those reported.

Glad our transfer policy is being noticed although let's not forget that we've signed so many good players that we just finished lower in the division than we managed in our first season in the Premier League

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The Athletic understands the fees to be considerably less than those reported.

Glad our transfer policy is being noticed although let's not forget that we've signed so many good players that we just finished lower in the division than we managed in our first season in the Premier League

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Not like you to be negative :glare:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Very complimentary. Nice one.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

Yep, unlike other clubs who develop players knowing they will have to sell, we are developing a team, sure we will lose some to higher pay packets but raising funds by developing and then selling is not the model. Its good to see TB's approach getting the respect it deserves, ploughing a bucket load into a state of the art training facility was hardly a lucky afterthought.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Load of bollox.

Liverpool's 'different approach' appears to be buying Premier League players from the likes of Chelsea. :shrug:

Still any excuse to dust of Moneyball, for a rewatch, isn't to be sniffed at.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Good spot, and an interesting read.

Reading around the England game tonight, I came across this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57791681

It is very complimentary about Dan Ashworth, who left the FA two and a half years ago. I have long suspected that he might have been our best signing. He will have had a role in how we recruit, manage and develop players.

We ARE good, and we're in good hands.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
For me these are the most exciting times since I started following the Albion. We have always taken one step forward followed by two steps back imo, no guarantees of course but as a club we are, in my opinion, on the march in just one direction and that is UP!

Not a popular view for most on here I accept, but I am much more excited about next season than I am about tonight (I am of course very interested and looking forward to tonight)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Quite. It’s good to be recognised for the way the club is run.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Quite a few of our fans need to read this bit :

‘The Seagulls will make mistakes, and not all of the players who they sign will succeed’

……every time they piss their pants over a signing that doesn’t work out. We’ll always have winners and losers, and probably more of the latter.
AJ & Locadia cost near £34m probably the two players that have took the most amount of stick and rightly so. The cheaper players I haven’t seen anyone moan if they don’t work out, we haven’t seen a vast majority of them in an Albion shirt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
More like Southampton in recent years - Peter Crouch, Rickie Lambert, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Virgil Van Dijk, Sadio Mane.

Saints fans love LIverpool! :D

Which is why they were known as Liverhampton

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
More like Southampton in recent years - Peter Crouch, Rickie Lambert, Nathaniel Clyne, Adam Lallana, Dejan Lovren, Virgil Van Dijk, Sadio Mane.

Saints fans love LIverpool! :D

Looks more like Liverpool trying to cash in on our imaginary wins and imaginary points, from last season. :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here