Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Latest TV Nick Szczepanik from Fanzine to Fleet Street

Grizz

Jul 5, 2003
Decent listen that, but just one small thing. Let the bloke finish talking. I know time is limited on these podcasts, but you cut him off several times when he was finishing up his point and from a personal point of view it's frustrating to listen to. Apart from that, I really enjoyed it, cheers.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harty, as a lefty weasel, I'd normally be the first to leap up and down about the booing of the other side's national anthem but, as others, sensible NSC posters, have pointed out - it's just panto.

Now you've brought it up again . . . . I'm not so sure. I personally don't like it and never have (see above). There is the argument that it simply spurs on the opposition. It would certainly spur me on. As indeed would the booing of the knee taking (which is particularly dumb, for obvious reasons).

Great interview - really enjoyed it (including your style :wink:)

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Decent listen that, but just one small thing. Let the bloke finish talking. I know time is limited on these podcasts, but you cut him off several times when he was finishing up his point and from a personal point of view it's frustrating to listen to. Apart from that, I really enjoyed it, cheers.

Grizz, fair point, and take it on board, I’m still learning all this mullarkey, Dick Knight’s 28 minutes extended to 63 minutes😂

I’ve got a non football person behind the camera making all sorts of hurry up gestures, but I’m trying 👍

Watch it as well as there are loads of visuals.

But thank you for you constructive criticism 👍

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Grizz, fair point, and take it on board, I’m still learning all this mullarkey, Dick Knight’s 28 minutes extended to 63 minutes��

I’ve got a non football person behind the camera making all sorts of hurry up gestures, but I’m trying ��

Watch it as well as there are loads of visuals.

But thank you for you constructive criticism ��

I'll second Grizz on this - for me, by far the best interview you did was with Millard and Vinnicombe where you just let them tell their stories with just a bit of prompting when needed.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Thoroughly enjoyed that. The content flowed nicely from Nick's first Albion experience to how he feels now with us in the Premier League.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Have just watched it all the way through. Like you I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tho unlike you, I wasn't conscious of [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] cutting [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]'s replies short. Some excellent insights in there - from both parties - and the obligatory references to The War were relevent and clearly personal and heartfelt. Show benefits massively from a genuine face-to-face as opposed to the laptop-to-laptop that circumstances previously dictated. Editing was noticeably slicker also. Tho sadly failed on the Key Moment thing about 5 mins from the end where 'a fan took over from Archer as chairman'. Cue b&w photo of Archer followed by colour photo of... Tony Bloom :facepalm: Still, hard to get everything 100% right, and barely detracted from a very decent view. Oh, and that Mark McGhee book? Make it happen [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION], would be a terrific read IMHO. Cheers fellas, top work! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Great listen thanks for sharing

Hopefully no boo'ing of the Italian anthem tomorrow, the world will be watching.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Have just watched it all the way through. Like you I thoroughly enjoyed it. Tho unlike you, I wasn't conscious of [MENTION=17322]Lenny Rider[/MENTION] cutting [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION]'s replies short. Some excellent insights in there - from both parties - and the obligatory references to The War were relevent and clearly personal and heartfelt. Show benefits massively from a genuine face-to-face as opposed to the laptop-to-laptop that circumstances previously dictated. Editing was noticeably slicker also. Tho sadly failed on the Key Moment thing about 5 mins from the end where 'a fan took over from Archer as chairman'. Cue b&w photo of Archer followed by colour photo of... Tony Bloom :facepalm: Still, hard to get everything 100% right, and barely detracted from a very decent view. Oh, and that Mark McGhee book? Make it happen [MENTION=10202]Not Andy Naylor[/MENTION], would be a terrific read IMHO. Cheers fellas, top work! :thumbsup:

As I said, he has told me that he thinks the stories have already been told. But if someone has played for Ferguson and with Strachan, Magath and more, and managed so many clubs (and admitted to making mistakes), I think fans of his many clubs would like to read them again - and I'm sure there are plenty more tales to be told. I know that the Scottish football writers were impressed with the way he handled the death of his captain, Phil O'Donnell, on the pitch when he was Motherwell manager, and I can't imagine that anyone would have done better - he's a proper grown-up. I've already had a publisher say that they'd take it, and I'd love to see it written, even if I didn't have a part to play in it. He's easily capable of doing it himself.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I said, he has told me that he thinks the stories have already been told. But if someone has played for Ferguson and with Strachan, Magath and more, and managed so many clubs (and admitted to making mistakes), I think fans of his many clubs would like to read them again - and I'm sure there are plenty more tales to be told. I know that the Scottish football writers were impressed with the way he handled the death of his captain, Phil O'Donnell, on the pitch when he was Motherwell manager, and I can't imagine that anyone would have done better - he's a proper grown-up. I've already had a publisher say that they'd take it, and I'd love to see it written, even if I didn't have a part to play in it. He's easily capable of doing it himself.

So was Dick Knight. Doesn't mean they'd ever get round to doing it tho eh? And MM saying all the stories have already been told is clearly complete nonsense. They've not been told by HIM. Can't you just ply him with pints of whisky or something and get him to sign on the dotted line? Or send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along to do the job? Edit: No, don't send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along. On NO account send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along. She's got previous :lolol:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
So was Dick Knight. Doesn't mean they'd ever get round to doing it tho eh? And MM saying all the stories have already been told is clearly complete nonsense. They've not been told by HIM. Can't you just ply him with pints of whisky or something and get him to sign on the dotted line? Or send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along to do the job? Edit: No, don't send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along. On NO account send [MENTION=46]Lush[/MENTION] along. She's got previous :lolol:

As a side note. The pints of whiskey song has to be one of the loudest Albion songs I've ever heard up at Spurs in the cup when we took WHL over. The Evening Standard report at the time was going on about it too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here