Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] RIP Paul Mariner

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad news that Paul Mariner has passed away, 68 year old, brain cancer, far too young, remember him in Bobby Robsons Ipswich team and England

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP, superb forward in his time

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I remember seeing him score a few times against us at the Goldstone. Both for Arsenal and Notlob. Classy player with pace and a great eye for goal. Sad to see him go at souch a relatively young age.

TNBA

TTF

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
How sad, seems way too young especially as i get older. Whenever i think of panini sticker collecting as a kid his name always springs to mind.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
RIP Paul Mariner, was lucky enough to see him play for that great Ipswich team many times having lived there in the 70s/80s.Good old fashioned number 9 great with his back to goal and a decent header on him also.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
POsted in the England kits thread yesterday about the 80-82 Admiral one, and when I hear the name Paul Mariner I always think of him in that. RIP Paul.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
One of the great non-scoring centre forwards England kept selecting (and Bob Latchford).

Regardless of how many goals he actually scored, that was how it felt at the time.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very sad. For some reason, he's one of the first players I remember when I think back to watching England as a kid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here