Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Unusual email titles you have received

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I received an email entitled ‘July sausage of the month’ yesterday. It had an attachment.

I thought [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] was up to his old tricks.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
My inbox yesterday afternoon, midway through sorting travel arrangements…

Screenshot 2021-07-09 at 8.15.51 AM.png

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Many years ago I received a spam email about penis enlargement. The subject was ‘Knock down walls with your cock’

Marketing genius.

I say it was about penis enlargement, I don’t know for sure as obviously I didn’t open it, seeing as I’m already more than well endowed in the testicular home demolition stakes.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I received an email entitled ‘July sausage of the month’ yesterday. It had an attachment.

I thought [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] was up to his old tricks.

With the state of my prostate these days I can assure you it wasn’t my sausage.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Many years ago I received a spam email about penis enlargement. The subject was ‘Knock down walls with your cock’

Marketing genius.

I say it was about penis enlargement, I don’t know for sure as obviously I didn’t open it, seeing as I’m already more than well endowed in the testicular home demolition stakes.

Do you own a large wheelbarrow :whistle:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Marketing genius.

At least that would have improved their slogan to one that rhymed: "Knock down walls with your balls".

boik

Not an email, but yesterday when walking the dog down one of the tiny lanes around here I was asked by a bloke in a hi-viz jacket if I'd seen a steam-roller around here? Bit surreal.

Turns out he was due to collect it on his low loader but had had to abandon his truck at the top of the lane.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Had these in my inbox next to each other. They were totally disconnected, and merely related to work reports and meetings....but amused me anyway.

thumbnail.png

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
"Reigate Bastardy Records"

To be fair, it was a response from Surrey family history group.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Aside from spam ones, I've had some corkers. Recently there was 'Underwear made from Bamboo fabrics' – a legit offer to try some and write stories about it. But my favourite – I don't have the email anymore – was the opportunity to go on a cruise with The Hoff.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I used to work for a recruitment consultancy where the system truncated long email subject lines, so on one incoming message we had some hilarity when "Seeking high performance analyst" lost it's last three letters.

Which reminds me of my first ever call working in support for a well known Brighton employer in around 1999. The computer flashed up the caller's name and we had to verify who they were. It's safe to say I found saying "are you Randy?" a lot more amusing than the puzzled American on the other end of the phone did.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Did an IT project for Virgin Money a few years ago. One weekend some outside consultants had to run some tests to see if they could break the site's security. We came in on Monday morning expecting to see the test results which they'd promised to email to us during the tests.

No email was forthcoming, yet they insisted the tests had been run and results sent. Eventually we found them in the server's junk filter.

They'd titled the mail "Virgin Penetration Test"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here