Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Big screen to watch the final

Dec 29, 2011
Has covid scuppered the perfect storm for the final? We're looking for a big screen to watch the game but it seems everything is ticketed and sold out. Would Wembley have a big screen and tens of thousands of fans if it wasn't for covid?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Has covid scuppered the perfect storm for the final? We're looking for a big screen to watch the game but it seems everything is ticketed and sold out. Would Wembley have a big screen and tens of thousands of fans if it wasn't for covid?

Probably not - there's a game of football already taking place there that night.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I'm 50 year old and a two of my mates are around the same age. We are thinking about going up just for the atmosphere and probably a once in a life time of England reaching the final. We also think many thousands will be doing this but sure we will get some beer from some where.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I'm 50 year old and a two of my mates are around the same age.

INTRUDER ALERT. INTRUDER ALERT. What's a matter you, eh? Gotta no respect? Are you going to make us an offer we can't refuse?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
I'm 50 year old and a two of my mates are around the same age. We are thinking about going up just for the atmosphere and probably a once in a life time of England reaching the final. We also think many thousands will be doing this but sure we will get some beer from some where.

I've worked at Wembley for every England game of this tournament (with and without having tickets.) It's worth it just for the tube, walk through Wembley Park station and under the tunnel and the scenes outside Wembley Arena. If you go through the gate on the right about halfway up Wembley Way you can get a couple of beers from Lidl along the way. If you haven't got a ticket, head back towards Wembley Central and there are loads of pubs/bars/hotels/restaurants that will be showing it. If it goes to ET, would recommend getting the tube at 11 at the latest as the late service to Brighton is not what it was 18 months ago and Three Bridges and the ensuing bus are not a great experience to have at 3am (although the 24-hour chip van and its owner there are excellent.)

Of the big screens, Boxpark doesn't let people in without match tickets and the two non-Wembley ones are usually sold out. The fan zone is worth a look but really tame for games, more like a picnic on tranquilisers.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've worked at Wembley for every England game of this tournament (with and without having tickets.) It's worth it just for the tube, walk through Wembley Park station and under the tunnel and the scenes outside Wembley Arena. If you go through the gate on the right about halfway up Wembley Way you can get a couple of beers from Lidl along the way. If you haven't got a ticket, head back towards Wembley Central and there are loads of pubs/bars/hotels/restaurants that will be showing it. If it goes to ET, would recommend getting the tube at 11 at the latest as the late service to Brighton is not what it was 18 months ago and Three Bridges and the ensuing bus are not a great experience to have at 3am (although the 24-hour chip van and its owner there are excellent.)

Of the big screens, Boxpark doesn't let people in without match tickets and the two non-Wembley ones are usually sold out. The fan zone is worth a look but really tame for games, more like a picnic on tranquilisers.

The old late night Scooby Burger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here