Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Office chair suggestions.

Ive just moved house and my office chair needs replacing. I only use it home, and only two or three hours a day normally so I don't want to spend a lot but there is a problem. My flat has new carpets and the chair won't easily move on them; I don't need move far, just enough to slide to the storage and the printer without having to get up. I'm going to buy a new chair but I need one with casters able to cope with the carpet.

Any sugestions? This is my problem.

Chair.jpg

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Possibly not what you were after but I've been standing up working since the first lockdown and infinitely prefer it!

Still not got round to buying a stand up desk, but will get there eventually.

hw.JPG

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Ive just moved house and my office chair needs replacing. I only use it home, and only two or three hours a day normally so I don't want to spend a lot but there is a problem. My flat has new carpets and the chair won't easily move on them; I don't need move far, just enough to slide to the storage and the printer without having to get up. I'm going to buy a new chair but I need one with casters able to cope with the carpet.

View attachment 138392

You want a chair mat mate, one for use on a carpet. Be about £25-£35 depending on how big you want it.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

View attachment 138392

Get rid of the carpet?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Move the storage and printer closer to the chair.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I recently bought this chair...(which I absolutely LOVE btw) for £130

71a-0Q42HgL._AC_SX425_.jpg

and this floor mat, which was £20-odd

71voXyVTAwL._AC_SL1100_.jpg

Rolls around lovely, although that is on hard flooring. Not sure what it'd be like with this mat on top of a carpet.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just on office chairs, I shopped around some local office furniture supply stores, and the prices for the swivel chairs was INSANE. A bang-average chair was often priced at anything between £250 and £500, and they were nowhere near as nifty as the one I got for half the price off Amazon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here