Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] New PCR and quarantine rules

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Hi,

I see that new rules have just been announced for people returning from amber countries.

At present I am due to return on the 14th July. I haven't been home or seen my younger children for 19 months. ( Yes, I'm probably over excited ! ).

I can see that if I return for example on the 20th July I wont have to quarantine. What I don't know and cant find out here is the double jabbed qualification applicable to me who has had them in France.. ( Pfizer )....?

The slight panic to find out is because I may need to re book ferries etc, plus my dogs visit to the vet ) needs to be checked between 24-72 hours before travel. I may also need to re-book my PCR test here at the hospital ....again must be done no more than 72 hours before travel.

Lastly, do I need to still book for both the Covid tests on day 2 and day 8....?

Sorry for so many questions but time is really tight here for me to re-organise things. If I can avoid 5-10 days sitting in my daughters house waiting to go and see my wonderful Shoreham again it would be soooooooooooooooooo good.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If you live in France you're not returning to England though so I guess the rules might be different for you

Technically I am still returning ( I'm still British...lol. ) but these are exactly the concerns I have and am finding it very difficult to get clear information.

But thank you for your response.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Technically I am still returning ( I'm still British...lol. ) but these are exactly the concerns I have and am finding it very difficult to get clear information.

But thank you for your response.

You are not (like me) a UK resident and have not had your vaccines in the UK. I am afraid that these rules do not apply to us yet.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
You are not (like me) a UK resident and have not had your vaccines in the UK. I am afraid that these rules do not apply to us yet.

I did think this might be the case....gutted..!

Oh well, hopefully I will still be allowed outside around the 21st July if the five day test is negative and I get the result quickly.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.....much appreciated.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα

Oh well, hopefully I will still be allowed outside around the 21st July if the five day test is negative and I get the result quickly.

Fingers crossed for you. They are talking about reciprocating the EU's digital green pass so hopefully that will be announced before 21st for you and you'll be a free a few days earlier.

Like you, I have been monitoring everything as my brother is getting married in August.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Fingers crossed for you. They are talking about reciprocating the EU's digital green pass so hopefully that will be announced before 21st for you and you'll be a free a few days earlier.

Like you, I have been monitoring everything as my brother is getting married in August.

The very, very best of luck to you...and of course your brother.

Cheers

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hi,

I see that new rules have just been announced for people returning from amber countries.

At present I am due to return on the 14th July. I haven't been home or seen my younger children for 19 months. ( Yes, I'm probably over excited ! ).

I can see that if I return for example on the 20th July I wont have to quarantine. What I don't know and cant find out here is the double jabbed qualification applicable to me who has had them in France.. ( Pfizer )....?

The slight panic to find out is because I may need to re book ferries etc, plus my dogs visit to the vet ) needs to be checked between 24-72 hours before travel. I may also need to re-book my PCR test here at the hospital ....again must be done no more than 72 hours before travel.

Lastly, do I need to still book for both the Covid tests on day 2 and day 8....?

Sorry for so many questions but time is really tight here for me to re-organise things. If I can avoid 5-10 days sitting in my daughters house waiting to go and see my wonderful Shoreham again it would be soooooooooooooooooo good.

Bit of a weird thing to say IMHO :lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Bit of a weird thing to say IMHO :lolol:

Possibly....:):):):), but Shoreham has been my home for the vast majority of my life and my six children and four grandchildren still live there.

Heaven forbid, I was born just outside from Edinburgh....how bad could that have been, had I stayed.....:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Wouldn’t that be a lowering of UK standards ? You can get the EU pass if you have been double vaccinated, had a negative test or have previously had Covid. Not quite the same thing as the NHS app that confirms double vaccination only. Or does the EU equivalent contain 3 QR codes that can be scanned separately ?

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Wouldn’t that be a lowering of UK standards ? You can get the EU pass if you have been double vaccinated, had a negative test or have previously had Covid. Not quite the same thing as the NHS app that confirms double vaccination only. Or does the EU equivalent contain 3 QR codes that can be scanned separately ?

The QR code is personal to you (via a digital certificate/signature I think), so presumably it can differentiate between double vaccinated, negative test or antibodies.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
The current rules (will probably change in 48 hours) the "double vaccine not isolation" applies to ONLY those vaccinated in this country so currently you will still need to isolate.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

i wouldn,t hold your breath on that front either. Still waiting for day 2 test result on day 6! Which is why i am not bothering with the day 5 to release test, as will be day 10 by the time you get the result.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
i wouldn,t hold your breath on that front either. Still waiting for day 2 test result on day 6! Which is why i am not bothering with the day 5 to release test, as will be day 10 by the time you get the result.

As this will be my first return since Covid, I did wonder how long the 5 day test return of info might take.

Which laboratory/company have you used ?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
As this will be my first return since Covid, I did wonder how long the 5 day test return of info might take.

Which laboratory/company have you used ?

Brunswick Hygiene - coincidentally Brighton based. Seemed cheapest but by time you added the VAT and postage costs - wasnt a lot cheaper, if at all.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Brunswick Hygiene - coincidentally Brighton based. Seemed cheapest but by time you added the VAT and postage costs - wasnt a lot cheaper, if at all.

Hmmmmm....that's interesting. I'm sure I read that you are allowed to leave your isolation address to go and have a test...? I would much rather do that , than wait for the test kit to be posted etc and also for the results.

Anyone else know if it is quicker ( or genuinely possible ) to attend their laboratory ?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question, so this thread seems as good a place as any...

I can find the rules for specific countries, but does anybody know if it is okay to drive through Europe? I'm double jabbed and in a few weeks i want to get the ferry from Dover to Calais and then drive through Europe to Germany. Is that allowed?

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
Didn't want to start a new thread just to ask this question, so this thread seems as good a place as any...

I can find the rules for specific countries, but does anybody know if it is okay to drive through Europe? I'm double jabbed and in a few weeks i want to get the ferry from Dover to Calais and then drive through Europe to Germany. Is that allowed?
I guess you would have to check the rules
for each country you are passing through. The French are suggesting they may relax the entry requirements from UK soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here