Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can someone translate please?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Darren Ambrose, quoted saying this on TalkSport regarding Palace selling Zaha...

“For £50 million, I think they would sell him now. I really do. We have seen it with Ben White, he is overpriced at the moment. Is Ben White worth £50 or £60 million then I don’t think he is?”

I've read it numerous times, and I'm none the wiser as to what he's trying to say. Is he saying Zaha worth £50m or not?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Incredibly strange way to have a dig at the Albion, if that’s what he’s doing, whilst simultaneously talking down the price of their only saleable commodity [beyond if anyone needs some cladding for their allotment sheds].

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Were skint with an aging squad and a lot out of contract , please someone buy this moaning wantaway while he still has some value . If Ben white is worth 50-60m which Ambrose doesn`t think he is , shirley we can get 50m for Zaha !

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Less 25% :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Darren Ambrose, quoted saying this on TalkSport regarding Palace selling Zaha...

“For £50 million, I think they would sell him now. I really do. We have seen it with Ben White, he is overpriced at the moment. Is Ben White worth £50 or £60 million then I don’t think he is?”

I've read it numerous times, and I'm none the wiser as to what he's trying to say. Is he saying Zaha worth £50m or not?

Pass….not clear at all

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Incredibly strange way to have a dig at the Albion, if that’s what he’s doing, whilst simultaneously talking down the price of their only saleable commodity [beyond if anyone needs some cladding for their allotment sheds].

Ambrose does it every week during the EPL season in a Sunday evening Talkshite show, where they make predictions. Rain or shine, predicting our relegation, usually with a barbed comments about our play.

Repetitive bore.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The difference is... we have clubs willing to spend £50M or so on Ben White. I have seen no paper talk or interest in Zaha.

At his age - £30M tops, but no clubs spending that amount would want him

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
The difference is... we have clubs willing to spend £50M or so on Ben White. I have seen no paper talk or interest in Zaha.

Hope I don't get banned for this....

.....for 30million.....could do a job?...

Nah only joking...:)

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now

I think this is the same bloke....
https://youtu.be/0UJZF5iRhNg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He's saying if Ben White is worth 50-60 Million, then Haha is worth 50M also. Being an attacker which are always more expensive for same ability, proven in PL over a longer period (arguebly failed at top 6 though) you can kind of see his point however I think he's 18 months to 2 years late age wise with Hahha plus a year or two shorter contract now also so more likely Haha is 35-40M if BW is 50-60M.

And P.S. BW is worth 50-60M these days if not potentially 80 like Maguire in a year or two if resigned to a bigger and longer deal by us.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I think he is saying he thinks Ben White isn't worth 50 million and if someone offered 50 million for zaha then the club would bite Their hand off and sell because zaha isn't worth anywhere near that too.
He's wrong about white of course,and in an attempt to have a pop at white and big up zaha he has managed to actually shoot both himself and zaha in the foot.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Ah the old “Ben White is overpriced” line. The Leeds mantra we heard all last summer.

Our player may not be worth that to you, but he is to us to want to sell. Sorry bluds… it’s not our job to put together a great deal and give fair market value to you.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

A classy young ball playing centre half who has succeeded with every step up in class he's taken.

vs

An old diving show pony who flopped miserably when he tried to step up (and failed) and thus why he had to go back down to a much lower level

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Everton seem to be interested in him according to the Liverpool Echo, but they link anyone and everyone to them so I don't take any notice (March was going there last year as well).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Strange character, Darren Ambrose. He seems to identify himself as some sort of Crystal Palace legend, whereas to me he'll always be a Newcastle or Charlton player, probably because I saw him play for them in the Premier League.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Ah the old “Ben White is overpriced” line. The Leeds mantra we heard all last summer.

Our player may not be worth that to you, but he is to us to want to sell. Sorry bluds… it’s not our job to put together a great deal and give fair market value to you.

People really struggle with how a transfer fee is reached. Basically the buying club has to offer more than the player is worth to the selling club. So if we see Ben White as a good young player, with years left on his contract, who suits the style of football the manager wants to play, knows the club and his teammates well, etc then he is worth a lot of money to us.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I put it in Google translate and this is what it came up with:

"Ex-Palace tw@t being an ex-Palace tw@t and talking b0llocks"

Thought it was accurate.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
He is saying " I am a bit of a bellcheese with nothing meaningful to contribute to a conversation about football"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Have Brighton ever said they want to sell BW?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here