Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Do we owe some thanks to Sam Allardyce?

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Would this exciting, successful era of English football have happened if Big Sam wasn’t caught with a brown envelope over a couple of pints of wine?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dan Ashworth is the man to take the credit!

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Who knows. Maybe we would have got to the World Cup final a couple of years ago if he’d been manager. Really isn’t worth thinking about.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Wouldn't it be more direct to thank the people who set up the sting that got him sacked?

200.gif

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Would this exciting, successful era of English football have happened if Big Sam wasn’t caught with a brown envelope over a couple of pints of wine?

As i recall he was never caught with a brown envelope or any other type of bribe , some scumbag journo looking to catch him out asked him some dodgy questions and he replied theoretically , that was blown out of proportion and they made him look guilty . It`s the same as me asking you if you know how to turn the clock back on the car your trying to sell , if you do it doesn`t make you guilty of the deed .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Read it again.

I know what you mean (sort of) but the idea of thanking Big Sam for being a greedy foolish tit is a bit counter intuitive, isn't it?. You can thank him if you want. I'm sure he'll be touched. :shrug:

While you're at it, why not thank Chris Hughton, without whose sacking we'd never have got Potter? I'm sure Chris would be touched too.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
To spell it out…

If Big Sam wasn’t caught out and sacked, Southgate may not have got the job.

Thank goodness you understood Vaga :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I know what you mean (sort of) but the idea of thanking Big Sam for being a greedy foolish tit is a bit counter intuitive, isn't it?. You can thank him if you want. I'm sure he'll be touched. :shrug:

While you're at it, why not thank Chris Hughton, without whose sacking we'd never have got Potter? I'm sure Chris would be touched too.

To be fair I’m not being entirely serious about thanking him!

But it’s funny how life works and how things end up as they are. If Big Sam keeps the job, Southgate may have gone onto other things. What happened to Sam is a true sliding doors moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here