Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Duffy is both extremely THICK and disrespectful.
Earns his living in England, supports any team that are PLAYING England and celebrates the life of a ‘great man’ when he died.
A ‘great man’ man that was a member of a terrorist organisation that was not only anti British, but blew up Brighton.
May be an unpopular view, but I don’t want him anywhere near my club again.
He’s a massive tw@t

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Earns his living in England, supports any team that are PLAYING England and celebrates the life of a ‘great man’ when he died.
A ‘great man’ man that was a member of a terrorist organisation that was not only anti British, but blew up Brighton.
He’s a massive tw@t

what's your view of Churchill?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yep all on his own like one of those new films where the hero kill thousands and doesn't even get a scratch.

No - I know people are re-writing history left right and centre - well, mostly left - but World War II was an actual real war, not a movie. Like him or not, the country desperately needed a leader - and luckily for you and me we got one.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Didn’t he win World War 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

403FD468-699D-4ECF-AD52-E3E61FAD6D47.jpeg

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Celtic have a lot of problems, huge rebuild needed. Shame their fans targeted that on one loan player, particularly as they believe they don’t do that kind of thing generally

It's typical of the 'Great Unwashed' and their SNP mentality. Blame anyone but yourselves. Duffy was unfortunate to be part of a pretty dire squad and exquisite tactical buffoonery last season and it looks the same this season, so glad he isn't there. His performances both at Rangers last week and at Luton yesterday were assured and basically show that the loan spell issues were not of his but were of Celtic's own making.

The lad Cochrane looked very assured yesterday and basically stopped the Celtic midfield and wing backs breaking forward. Looks a very exciting prospect and will learn a load playing for the Jam Tarts this season, good loan move.

TNBA

TTF

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
No - I know people are re-writing history left right and centre - well, mostly left - but World War II was an actual real war, not a movie. Like him or not, the country desperately needed a leader - and luckily for you and me we got one.

My dad saw action in the fleet air arm during the war so I am fully aware that it was real. In his notes he makes frequent comments about mates who did not make it or indeed ships e.g. HMS Glorious which he left just before it sailed on its last fatal voyage.

Churchill became leader because of the ineptitude of many around him and the fact that a lot of the establishment at that time were more than happy to do a deal with Hitler , it was a close run thing. As you are probably aware he had been ostracised by many in his party and to progress politically he had to take a strong stance against Hitler. He did make decisions, some were good others not so good. His greatest achievement was to get the US into the european war, a war which the US (or much of it) was against and without that the war would have ended differently.

The point is Churchill also did some pretty reprehensible things not just in foreign countries but also within this country e.g. the great strike and his support of Unionists in NI and that Unionist party implemented a pseudo apartheid regime based on religion rather than race. Derry suffered more than most due to its largely catholic population so people should not necessarily expect people from their to like all think English.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Derry suffered more than most due to its largely catholic population so people should not necessarily expect people from their to like all think English.

Exactly, I don’t doubt many on here would have joined Republican organisations had they been Catholic in Ireland through The Troubles. A complete inability to see the bigger picture, the other side.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Exactly, I don’t doubt many on here would have joined Republican organisations had they been Catholic in Ireland through The Troubles.

To be clear - the republican paramilitaries had minority support in the Catholic community in the North during the Troubles (and very little support in the South). A large section of the Catholic community understood that the tactics of urban guerillaism was a dead end politically in terms of changing the landscape in the North and generally the IRA only saw significant support and recruitment when the British forces carried out atrocities (e.g. the murder of 11 people in Ballymurphy or the murder of 14 people on Bloody Sunday). At any one time the IRA probably had at most 400/500 in 'active service units' and 'military actions' were hit and miss in terms of organisation and impact. Indeed - it is worth noting that the IRA's biggest military successes were also actually their biggest political failures (e.g. the Enniskillen bombing, the Brighton bombing, the Shankill bombing) and their biggest military failures were their biggest political propaganda successes (e.g. the SAS murder in Gibraltar of the three members of an unarmed IRA unit who were planning a bomb attack on British troops in the town). It wasn't until the republican movement called a ceasefire for their paramilitary wing that they started gaining political support (assisted by the sectarian nature of the Good Friday Agreement) - and unfortunately, the wheel is now starting to come full circle with an increase potential for a return of paramilitary violence in the North.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Biting the hand that feeds you. Not clever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He’s a massive tw@t

Well l think we already knew that he was a proud Irish Republican didn't we? As l understand it that's one of the reasons he decided to play for the Republic, rather than his native Northern Ireland.

All that matters to me though, when any player pulls on the stripes, is that they play well for the club. What their political views might be, or what they get up to in their private lives, is largely of no interest to me.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Well l think we already knew that he was a proud Irish Republican didn't we? As l understand it that's one of the reasons he decided to play for the Republic, rather than his native Northern Ireland.

All that matters to me though, when any player pulls on the stripes, is that they play well for the club. What their political views might be, or what they get up to in their private lives, is largely of no interest to me.

This. Who does Connolly support vs England? Or Biss? Or Sanchez, Tross or even Gross? Who knows and who cares.

Noone can say that he has not given 100% effort during his time at BHAFC. Potter ball playing quality he is not, but that has nothing to do with being a DJ Strollabout or Leon (not) Best on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here