Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Duffy

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Duffy is a club legend, a big character and still has much to offer. He's not a Potterball player and so needs to move on but I enjoy watching him defend and going up for set pieces.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
No, we've moved on. Love the guy, but putting him back in the squad represents a step or two backwards in our quality.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
20 points dropped from winning positions last year. More than any other side. £50 million + in the bank, Veltman as first choice replacement, youngsters being given a route to the first team and a match fit and committed Duffy willing to play special teams as a defensive sub would have its merits. I don't think it likely, but if England's run to the final has shown us anything, it is that successful teams must not turn their noses up at pragmatism.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That’s….my point really,if not Duffy,then who,from our vast ranks of defenders would replace White,or will we buy in ?

May l just remind everyone that Ben White hasn't gone anywhere yet? In my opinion both White and Yves Bissouma will still be Albion players come the closing of the transfer window.

If that's the case then there is nobody to replace.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Definitely time for Shane to move on and seek a new challenge. Just doesn’t suit Potters style of play. Wouldn’t be surprised if he links up with Hughton at Forest.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Definitely time for Shane to move on and seek a new challenge. Just doesn’t suit Potters style of play. Wouldn’t be surprised if he links up with Hughton at Forest.

The absolute definition of a Hughton type player l would have said, I've a feeling that Forest are cash strapped though. :down:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

He did a perfectly good job for 2 season in the premier league in a 4-4-1-1 formation where we flood the midfield and hope the opposition cannot get in behind. There are plenty of sides in the premier league that would utilise such a skillset and selling Duffy to an opponent would be a fabulous move to show how confident we are of finishing well clear of such sides that play that way.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
May l just remind everyone that Ben White hasn't gone anywhere yet? In my opinion both White and Yves Bissouma will still be Albion players come the closing of the transfer window.

If that's the case then there is nobody to replace.

If that's the case, then as per one of your other posts, there really is no other Albion fan in Cowfold to moderate your views:) I must try and get to King Fish on a Friday sometime instead of my usual Tuesday to keep you on the straight and narrow!

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Duffy still has nopt been turned into a 'Potter player' from what i saw. None of the surging runs with the ball that BW and Webster does. Doesnt detract from him being a good defender, some lovely defensive blocks vs Luton today, but not that ball playing player and can't ping the ball across the field accurately like Dunky, BW, AW, Veltman can.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is useless without a poll.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In regards to a new signing centre back to replace White, Potter all but ruled that out today.

So, I think White will be replaced by two players from within the club, especially with Burn limping off. Not these 3 after they weren’t in the group today:

Roberts - Loan
Van Hecke - Loan
Clarke - Already loaned

But perhaps two of these:

Duffy
Băluță
Østigård

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here