Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NCP Parking ticket

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
So today I receive a ticket for £100 for parking offence, staying longer in car park in Worthing behind the Connaught theatre last month.
I have proof that I paid with my online banking.
This car park behind chapel road you pay when you leave so the cameras work out how long you’ve been there.
I’ve submitted the appeal with photos from my banking.
Is this normal from NCP. ?
Seems like a scamming bunch of twats to me

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does your ticket time fall within the time you were parked or is this the normal case of:-

'Well I was 5 minutes over, but...'.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Does your ticket time fall within the time you were parked or is this the normal case of:-

'Well I was 5 minutes over, but...'.

It’s an ANPR car park so you enter then pay the amount whatever the machine says when you leave.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Did you enter an incorrect registration number by chance?

Also I think the spaces nearest the backs of the shops/theatre are not part of the car park but are permit bays.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s an ANPR car park so you enter then pay the amount whatever the machine says when you leave.

Fair enough then.

The last time I parked there, in those halcyon pre-pandemic days, it was a 'traditional' buy 3 hours leave before 3 hours is up, car park.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Did you enter an incorrect registration number by chance?

Also I think the spaces nearest the backs of the shops/theatre are not part of the car park but are permit bays.

Registration is correct as you can see the car and number plate when you start the online appeal process.
If I parked in the wrong area, I wouldn’t have got an NCP notice surely.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I believe you have a set amount of time to exit the car park once you’ve paid, I think it’s 10 or 15 minutes, if you go over that you incur a penalty as you’re well into the next hour of parking.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I believe you have a set amount of time to exit the car park once you’ve paid, I think it’s 10 or 15 minutes, if you go over that you incur a penalty as you’re well into the next hour of parking.
Yes more than likely but we paid what the machine said, got in the car and left.
No more than 1 minute after paying

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So today I receive a ticket for £100 for parking offence, staying longer in car park in Worthing behind the Connaught theatre last month.
I have proof that I paid with my online banking.
This car park behind chapel road you pay when you leave so the cameras work out how long you’ve been there.
I’ve submitted the appeal with photos from my banking.
Is this normal from NCP. ?
Seems like a scamming bunch of twats to me

I’m not understanding. What is the parking company saying you’ve done wrong? Okay, you’ve “stayed longer”…but in what way? And what evidence have they provided?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I’m not understanding. What is the parking company saying you’ve done wrong? Okay, you’ve “stayed longer”…but in what way? And what evidence have they provided?
The letter says parking longer than the time stated.
We were there for 1.5hrs but my issue is that the car park is controlled by APNR cameras so I just paid what the machine said to pay when leaving

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The letter says parking longer than the time stated.
We were there for 1.5hrs but my issue is that the car park is controlled by APNR cameras so I just paid what the machine said to pay when leaving

If they’re saying longer than the time stated it would seem the onus is on you to state how long? Otherwise it’s their mistake and they surely wouldn’t be able to pursue you for a fine?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The OP should check out the Google reviews if it’s the Union Place Car Park, it seems he/she is not alone in what has happened

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
How much did you pay for 1 1/2 hours?

Says on my banking £1.50
To me that’s irrelevant as had the machine said £5 I’d have paid it.
Surely you just pay whatever the machine says as the cameras work out how long you’ve been there

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Surely that’s a fault of the machine then?

If it’s the same as the Guildbourne if you’ve paid what the machine asked for ? Then I’m not sure. Like you’ve stated the system then works out your time and charges accordingly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here