Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] President of Haiti assassinated

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd imagine the fallout from all this could be quite tumultuous....

One constant in life is that at least half a dozen EXPERTS on the politics of Haiti, will be on NSC within 10 minutes.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Surprise.jpg

Everything I know about Haiti comes from this man.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Know nothing about him. Probably made some horrendous crime, like nationalising their natural resources or something.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
One constant in life is that at least half a dozen EXPERTS on the politics of Haiti, will be on NSC within 10 minutes.

I have some personal knowledge of Haiti. been there a few times. Travelled around. Knew a few locals. Read a bit.
It's a fascinating place. One of the most interesting countries in the region imo.

And anyone that claims they have the faintest idea about Haitian politics, what's really going on at any given time or why, is talking out of their backsides.

So, while I think you may yet be proven right. I'm out.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have some personal knowledge of Haiti. been there a few times. Travelled around. Knew a few locals. Read a bit.
It's a fascinating place. One of the most interesting countries in the region imo.

And anyone that claims they have the faintest idea about Haitian politics, what's really going on at any given time or why, is talking out of their backsides.

So, while I think you may yet be proven right. I'm out.

William Blum got a very interesting (but now a bit outdated) chapter about Haiti in "Killing Hope: U.S. Military and CIA Interventions since World War II":

https://williamblum.org/chapters/killing-hope/haiti

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here