Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Rip cyanide sid cooper

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Another legendary grappler from our youth.

Can't be many of the World of Sport generation left now?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Truly shocked me………. I panicked when I read it though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Wasn't he also known as 'Cry Baby Sid Cooper' because he used to cry a lot.
Watch Les Kellet v Bobby Barnes and his giant comb on you tube, fantastic and it wasn't staged either.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Wasn't he also known as 'Cry Baby Sid Cooper' because he used to cry a lot.
Watch Les Kellet v Bobby Barnes and his giant comb on you tube, fantastic and it wasn't staged either.

Jim Brakes was cry baby. He used to throw a tantrum. Jim Brakes got done for murdering his partner abroad not so long ago

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I used to follow Sid Cooper round the martlets hall at Burgess Hill every month trying to get his autograph. Never succeeded which was part of his character I suppose

He used to turn up in an old estate motor and always wore an old style green parka

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You slipped into a K-hole where you thought you were actually Cyanide Sid, not Questions, and that you were actually brown (bread)? :eek:

WTF!?! :eek:

Yes because I did feel rough this morning

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Jim Brakes was cry baby. He used to throw a tantrum. Jim Brakes got done for murdering his partner abroad not so long ago

He was deemed unfit to stand trial due to his dementia. He’s likely to see out the rest of his days in a psychiatric hospital though.

William Regal of WWE fame grew up idolising Cooper. I’m fairly certain Cooper was wrestling into his 60s, I’ve got faint memories of seeing him wrestle for Premier Promotions in Worthing.

Last edited:

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Another sad passing from my childhood.

It’s funny how the names are still all so familiar. Cry Baby Cooper, Johnny Saint, Rollerball Rocco, Kendo Nagasaki, Jim Breaks, King Kong Kirk, Les Kellett.

Don’t think Kid Chocolate would get away with that name now…..

I remember being so excited when Big Daddy took on Mighty John Quinn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I sat in the seat in front of Sid for many seasons at Withdean and he was at the heart of the conversations that the regulars had at every game. He always had an interesting perspective and sometimes didn’t hold back with his opinions. I remember a game against Plymouth when he unleashed all barrels on a moaner sitting near us. He came across as a really nice bloke who loved the Albion and was one of the good parts of the Withdean years for me. I am really saddened by this terrible news.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Another sad passing from my childhood.

It’s funny how the names are still all so familiar. Cry Baby Cooper, Johnny Saint, Rollerball Rocco, Kendo Nagasaki, Jim Breaks, King Kong Kirk, Les Kellett.

Don’t think Kid Chocolate would get away with that name now…..

I remember being so excited when Big Daddy took on Mighty John Quinn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not forgetting Johnny Kwango and the head butt!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I sat in the seat in front of Sid for many seasons at Withdean and he was at the heart of the conversations that the regulars had at every game. He always had an interesting perspective and sometimes didn’t hold back with his opinions. I remember a game against Plymouth when he unleashed all barrels on a moaner sitting near us. He came across as a really nice bloke who loved the Albion and was one of the good parts of the Withdean years for me. I am really saddened by this terrible news.

Sorry, I think I might have the wrong person. I know there was someone called Cyanide Sid who sat behind me at Withdean but I don't think he was a wrestler. Apologies for any offence.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I used to follow Sid Cooper round the martlets hall at Burgess Hill every month trying to get his autograph. Never succeeded which was part of his character I suppose

He used to turn up in an old estate motor and always wore an old style green parka

I used to take my son when he was a young 'un; used to take him backstage at the Corn Exchange to meet the likes of Big Daddy. Even the "baddies" were nice back stage except Sid Cooper. He was scary and intimidating out of the ring but provided some great entertainment over the years.

RIP Sid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here