Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Stage 2 Kidney Disease

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Having had no health checks for around 12 years I have taken advantage of being in a larger city for a couple of weeks to get some done.
I have had my blood and urine tests back from a lab and most are good but four results from the urine test are suggesting I have stage 2 kidney disease.
I have 1.32 mg/dl of creatinine and an etfg of 60 along with protein of 10 mg/dl and hemoglobin of 0.03 mg/dl present.
Obviously my next step is to visit a doctor with the results but just wondered if any others on here have any experience of lifestyle and diet changes required to control the condition?

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Had blood and protein in the urine. In the past I have had creatinine. recently Had extensive tests including ultrasound and cat scan. Next step was a biopsy but they pulled back as they could not find any signs of kidney disease or cancer. Currently monitoring the situation. Very worrying though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Had blood and protein in the urine. In the past I have had creatinine. recently Had extensive tests including ultrasound and cat scan. Next step was a biopsy but they pulled back as they could not find any signs of kidney disease or cancer. Currently monitoring the situation. Very worrying though.

Ooh scary. I was kind of comforted that the levels indicate a fairly mild stage 2 and that I'd need to make some changes to stop it going to 3 and beyond.
I guess I'd better make an appointment ASAP.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Ooh scary. I was kind of comforted that the levels indicate a fairly mild stage 2 and that I'd need to make some changes to stop it going to 3 and beyond.

Make that call 1st thing in the morning, and good luck.
Better to know, the stress of not knowing, can not help you mentally or physically either.

Do it…

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

All the best. The tests were spread out over a number of months and it’s the not knowing which causes the stress further exacerbated by the waiting for the results. While I was waiting for the nephrologist some poor young chap was coming out of the dialysis theater looking very pale. That’s when you start to imagine the worst. Luckily they could not find anything wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
Whilst I have never had it before, my ex wife had a kidney transplant, her mother had renal failure and my daughter has early stage kidney disease. The thing I can remember for creatnin, were bananas a no no, any veg and potatoes boiled to death. Watch fluid intake and what it is and flush with water. Don't take ibuprofen. Sure the Dr will give you a better diagnosis than me though. Good luck though and hopefully a few lifestyle changes will assist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here