Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Failed Bissouma Effort

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Did I just start this in the Bear Pit? Anyway…….

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/19422952.albions-yves-bissouma-caught-speeding-five-times-brighton/

Ha! I managed five times in two weeks on the same camera!

I would like to mention that it involved unduly low speed limits on Victorian freeways (motorways) which are 100kph. Roads were clear and traffic good. Automated cameras here that are not painted yellow or made easy to spot and I had only recently arrived. Each offence was less than 8kph over the limit. Four years ago now nearly.

Poor effort Yves.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Speed limits... if the driver is good, I couldnt care if they go over the limit. Laws should be seen as nothing more than recommendations.

Odd that he was driving around in the middle of the night though in the middle of the seasons. Maybe it was during international breaks?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Speed limits... if the driver is good, I couldnt care if they go over the limit. Laws should be seen as nothing more than recommendations.

Im sorry but thats just bullshit. If a drunk lurches out at you and you hit them at 30mph they'll probably live. If you're doing 40 mph they probably die. And how do we detemine who is a good or bad driver that gets to choose their own speed limit.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Odd that he was driving around in the middle of the night though in the middle of the seasons. Maybe it was during international breaks?

Regardless of how 'good' the driver is, they can still cause a fatal accident. Especially if they are exceeding the speed limit...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Im sorry but thats just bullshit. If a drunk lurches out at you and you hit them at 30mph they'll probably live. If you're doing 40 mph they probably die. And how do we detemine who is a good or bad driver that gets to choose their own speed limit.

Meh. Too bad. If we had more noisy cars, less drunks would place themselves in the middle of the road. Yet cars are more quiet today. Whataboutism yes, but relevant - sometimes people die, thats just how it is.

We dont determine that and there will continue to be speed limits. But morally I dont think its a big problem. Cab drivers often go over speed limits, I dont moan about it, I give them money instead.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Meh. Too bad. If we had more noisy cars, less drunks would place themselves in the middle of the road. Yet cars are more quiet today. Whataboutism yes, but relevant - sometimes people die, thats just how it is.

We dont determine that and there will continue to be speed limits. But morally I dont think its a big problem. Cab drivers often go over speed limits, I dont moan about it, I give them money instead.

If you'd lost a child, friend or relative to a "good driver" hammering along at 49 in a 30, I think you'd most likely take a different perspective.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If you'd lost a child, friend or relative to a "good driver" hammering along at 49 in a 30, I think you'd most likely take a different perspective.

Sure and if my kiddo burned to death because someone had a barbecue in a dry heat wave, I would probably not go to a barbecue tonight.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sorry that's nonsense. Laws are not recommendations!

It depends on how you feel about them. A lot of laws are made by the people in power to control or suppress people with no power. Thats why they should just be seen as recommendations. Follow the ones you find sensible, ignore the others.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

My God, axing the speed limit here would lead to untold more deaths on the roads than there already are. I thought all you Swedes were extra careful drivers in your sedate ultra conservative Volvo estates anyway.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

People – drivers, car passengers AND other vulnerable road users – are less likely to die, if drivers stick to a speed limit. That's 'just how it is'.

Have you seen the difference – in terms of the devastation caused and the stopping distance – that an impact at 30mph and one at 40mph makes? Or have you seen a car-to-car head on collision at 60mph? Because I have and they are pretty harrowing things to witness – even in a controlled environment. I'd suggest if you had, you might think twice about being blasé about people who exceed the speed limit. Even if they are really 'good' drivers...

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
If everyone only ever acted sensibly and fairly we wouldn't need a single law. Or police. Or army.

But since most of us wobble through life constantly doing dumb stuff that endangers ourselves or others it works best if there are a few rules to keep accidents down.

Now if you were complaining about weed being illegal when alcohol isn't then I would be with you. That is a stupid law from a racist past.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
It depends on how you feel about them. A lot of laws are made by the people in power to control or suppress people with no power. Thats why they should just be seen as recommendations. Follow the ones you find sensible, ignore the others.

Whereas the speed limit law is in place to protect innocent lives so I like 99% of the people on here would say its fairly decent to stick to them and not ignore.

SAC

May 21, 2014
A good job he's a fans favourite, otherwise he would be getting slaughtered on here. Can you imagine if a certain Oirish forward had been caught speeding multiple times?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I thought that now if you claim you broke the law’ in a very specific and limited way’that you get away with it.

It seemed to work for the Government.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Never made a mistake? I’m sure you could take any club side and hype up some OTT words and exaggerations to describe them. Shit loads of Albion players have been done for things over the years - particularly driving! Ones just lost his license too I believe, but not been on NSC and not should it because it’s irrelevant.

Cough cough cough #sheeboitk [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION]

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Sometimes I see the positive in the doomsday clock only being 100seconds to midnight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here