Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Current Albion Mojo

Where is your Albion mojo today?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes I know it’s all about England and we may be losing Biss and White but how is your Albion mojo today?

This new signing of a player that interested a couple of top German teams as well as Liverpool and Arsenal has made me pretty damned excited to be going to a PACKED Amex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not sure the signing changes anything until we know if Biss or White (or both) are leaving. That said, Boris probably got me up to an 8 with yesterday's announcement and the prospect of being in my actual seat in August getting one step nearer.

It's all about England until we go out though.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
We've had loads of time to get used to losing White and Bissouma, so mentally I've accepted what looks like the inevitable loss of those two. There'll be more to come for us in the transfer window, and that, combined with what we already have, makes me currently a 7 with the likelihood of further mojo improvement!

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Middle of the road, nothing really happening, season still a little way off

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Too focused on England right now.

Very encouraged by today’s signing though. Either as a replacement or a supplement to Bissouma, it’s smart recruitment, for a player who appears to have been in demand.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yippee post signing polls are replacing post match polls.

Any chance you could stop being a sarcastic **** just now and again? Even better do us both a favour and put me on ignore

Or alternatively just stop stalking me :shrug:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Any chance you could stop being a sarcastic **** just now and again? Even better do us both a favour and put me on ignore

Or alternatively just stop stalking me :shrug:

take it as flattery, life is too short to worry about some folk.

I would never use ignore, as even an idiot can be right sometimes

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Too soon to tell with this lad but looks a good player and clearly has a good attitude. For the money paid could be a real find. We keep making good decisions in recruitment that eventually leads to improved performances on the pitch. This is moving in the right direction and when we lose a couple and we will, we will hopefully reinvest that money well too. I cannot wait to get back in the ground and watch our continued evolution into a very good team.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Utterly irrelevant with the Euros on for me :)

Win the WC next year and us winning Euro 2020 will be rendered a complete tinpot irrelevance.

The world turns.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I’m not sure how to take your second sentence :wink:

Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day. :thumbsup:

I think 7 but voted 8, I can be blindly optimistic before we've even kicked a ball

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
We've had loads of time to get used to losing White and Bissouma, so mentally I've accepted what looks like the inevitable loss of those two. There'll be more to come for us in the transfer window, and that, combined with what we already have, makes me currently a 7 with the likelihood of further mojo improvement!

There is nothing "inevitable" about the loss of either player, not even the hint of a bid being received yet, although l am aware that it could still happen.

Back to the subject of the thread, my mojo is always pretty high at this time of the year, but it's off the scale now that l know l will be reunited with my regular seat again come the 21st of August. I just hope my seat remembers me, and all the good times we have shared together.

On the down sikde? just the lack, so far anyway, of any new striker signing, could make the world of difference to where we finish come the end of the season.

Taking all that into account, it's an 8 out of 10 for me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A solid 7, can't say the Albion comes into my head much at the moment. Very focused on England. No doubt once that is done I shall start thinking about Burnley away etc.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I've gone for 9. I think we have got ourselves in position where the balance of power is starting to turn in our favour. The signing of Mwepu, and the early retention of Welbeck are hugely encouraging. We may lose Biss and White, but I can also see a scenario where one or both stay. Should they leave though, we have the immediate replacements already in the squad and we get a load of cash to spend elsewhere, not quite win-win but as near as dammit.

The club's procurement philosophy is becoming ever clearer and it is an exciting one (not without risk), and we are working to a plan.

I'm excited by the England side at the moment, but I am also guzzling the Albion Kool-Aid right now too. Very optimistic looking forward.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nothing to do with today's signing, but I just feel this season is going to be a good 'un.

Sorry, moaners!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Mojo at 8, still got all the players we would like to keep, shifted and close to shifting players that would not get much opportunity, good signing for the first team, good signing for development, potential signing of a top Argentinian youngster, Potter still here.

Mojo will slip if we lose Biss and/or White, will increase if we get to the end of the window without that happening, and I am only concerned about signing anyone else for the first team if we sell anyone from the first team. Hopeful that Karbownik is ready, Tau is ready, Andone gets a chance, Maupay finds form, it's all possible at this point in the season.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
8. I like the look of today's signing and am happy we still have Welbeck. I'm also resigned to the possibility of losing White and Bissouma and trust the club to replace/strengthen as fit.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I’m an 8. Just a striker signing short of sending it through the ruddy roof. It would be a 9 but I’m sceptical I’ll transfer my season ticket to my wallet properly and get stuck at the turnstiles every time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here