Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

PCR Tests for travel: recommendations?

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
There are hundreds of clinics offering PCR tests to enable visits to foreign lands but I've started seeing stories that some are unreliable. Has anyone got experience/ recommendations for reliable reasonably priced ones? Ta.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
There are hundreds of clinics offering PCR tests to enable visits to foreign lands but I've started seeing stories that some are unreliable. Has anyone got experience/ recommendations for reliable reasonably priced ones? Ta.

Express test Gatwick, drive through, fast and reliable in my experience

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Thanks. Flying from Thiefrow (thanks to BA exiting Gatwick) so I'll see if they're operating there. Will probably be £££ more.

Doesn't matter where you fly from given you need to take the test 48/72 hours before departure.

There's a BA discount code to use for Express which comes out at £60. (see ba.com)

It's drive through and in South terminal long term car park

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Doesn't matter where you fly from given you need to take the test 48/72 hours before departure.

There's a BA discount code to use for Express which comes out at £60. (see ba.com)

It's drive through and in South terminal long term car park
Good point, well made. Thanks for the tip.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Thanks very much. You're just up the road from me!

Can I ask how this went? I am probably going to need a test and release PCR quite urgently in August and wonder how high the success rate is for returning results back the same day [MENTION=449]Biffer[/MENTION]? (I realise these test can sometime return inconclusive results or take a little longer to process)

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Another satisfied Gatwick drive through customer here. How much does Biffer's Preson Park outfit charge? Would be much more convenient than Gatwick if price similar.

Aug 8, 2012
Recommend the fiveways one, my two children went there this morning.
Rapid Antigen test and certificate to fly to Croatia within 2 hours £49 each.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Portugal not accepting the ‘Indian’ version of the AZ vaccine at the moment. Seems as though a big chunk of this was administered locally (certainly Brighton) as know several people this affects.

Sue1983

Aug 15, 2018
Portugal not accepting the ‘Indian’ version of the AZ vaccine at the moment. Seems as though a big chunk of this was administered locally (certainly Brighton) as know several people this affects.

I know a couple of people who had this in Crawley.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I know a couple of people who had this in Crawley.

Reports this morning suggesting Portugal have done a U-turn overnight and will now accept the ‘Indian’ vaccine in the British Covid passport……..

…..golf trip back ON :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Question:

Do I need to pre book a day 2 test before travelling back to the UK or do I need to book it before I go on holiday or can I just book one when I’m home ?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Question:

Do I need to pre book a day 2 test before travelling back to the UK or do I need to book it before I go on holiday or can I just book one when I’m home ?
You need to put the test booking reference on your inbound passenger location form.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I manage a PCR clinic at Fiveways.
We can also provide results and the certificate on the same day.
Obvs we also provide certificates for Antigen tests if that's all you need.

This place....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?ibp...6z5ULFBXLOhZnkvrrBk9Hew6i#lkt=LocalPoiReviews

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Used your clinic for my Day 2 PCR test, following a recommendation from the fount of all knowledge that is NSC. Top quality service from a clinical perspective!

If I had one minor constructive nuts n bolts grumble, I'd say that management of the folks loitering on the pavement outside the clinic could do with some improvement. A bit of STEERING. As your appointments are booked at five minute slots, there's generally folks who are early, folks who are late, folks who don't even seem to know. They need a bit of firm guidance from within the clinic IMHO. Sort that bit out and you'd be getting that fifth star that your service otherwise fully deserves :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
Entering mainland Portugal

Before you travel to mainland Portugal
If you have an NHS COVID Pass or an EU digital COVID vaccination certificate showing you have been fully vaccinated with an EU approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days before you travel you do not need to have a COVID-19 test to enter Portugal. Be prepared to show a digital or paper copy of your COVID vaccination or recovery certificate when you check-in for your flight, and complete an online passenger locator card

On arrival in mainland Portugal
You will be subject to health screening on arrival. If your temperature is 38ºC or over or you show signs of being unwell, you may be required to take a COVID-19 test and remain at the airport until you receive your test result.
The authorities in mainland Portugal will accept the UK’s proof of COVID-19 recovery and vaccination record. Your NHS appointment card from vaccination centres is not designed to be used as proof of vaccination and should not be used to demonstrate your vaccine status.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here