Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Euro 2020 - Pride

For a long time in a while, I feel genuine pride at being English. I'm always proud, but at the moment, that pride is very high.

Everyone doing their bit, getting through the last 16 months and now celebrating opening up again and England looking class at the Euro's, for me there's nothing that beats it. Having BW in the squad too and a very likeable squad at that, plus our fans being absolute class. Christ, it makes me slightly emotional at how good this next week COULD be.

As Southgate said, 'now's our time to make our nation happy again' and boy is he doing that.

How have you found it so far?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh dear [MENTION=35767]NorthstandRacoon[/MENTION]. You've gone and done it now. Out on penalties, and Freedom Day coinciding with record breaking increases in new Covid cases. Schoolboy error.

Also, I am OUTRAGED and disappointed because I thought the thread was about Pride. Rainbows.

Gutted.

(sorry, only kidding - I personally am cock a hoop :thumbsup:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It’s a bit weird. In previous tournaments I’ve noticed quite a few flags on houses and cars etc thank tend to increase in number as England progress through the competition.

This year I haven’t seen any :shrug:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I love the UK, GB and England. The country and in a sporting sense.

When the Olympics are on, willing every GB competitor on.

Then to complicate it even more, I love the British Lions.

Southgate and the squad are making people happy, which Englishman wouldn’t be pleased to see that?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
AHAAAAAA I see...not not Pride, not here for that but football. That's seperate, I mean pride at our nationality.

Apologies. If someone says cheese my reaction is: us? Christ!. My brain's wired weird.

Anyway, I think we can all agree that It Is Coming Home. ???

:thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not really - seems better to be proud of achieving nothing (like being born in some random location).

You don't have a dod in this fight ,Swanny. That's partly because it isn't a fight. Go and have a lemon tea with Tom Hark Preston Park, and the Jolly Red Irish Communist.

The English are In Communion. Let the emoting begin!

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Not for me Clive, it’s all been hijacked and spoiled by the nationalists who cling to the flag. Pity.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair enough. I live in a small village and judging by most folk round here they are possibly more into Wimbledon than the football

Def not as many but also very few shops selling them it seems so think it may be a covid thing. I’d say in general the tourno like the last World Cup is very much at the forefront of many people’s minds though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm not proud of being born in a certain geographical location as I had very little to do with it.

You’re Swedish ffs - couldn’t you just leave one thread that doesn’t concern you alone?! Have a dominos and watch a film man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here