Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Cowfest 2021.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Cowfest 2021 was the official name for the annual Cowfold Village Fete, which took place on the playing field yesterday.

The 2020 version was cancelled due to Covid so we were all looking forward to the fun and games, and letting off some steam.

Shayler's funfair was present, offering various attractions and rides for the young and not so young. There was also a dog show, classic car show, stalls where many local businesses were selling their wares, and exhibitions by the Royal British Legion, Village History Society, Weald Community Church etc.

Then in the evening we had a licensed bar, a big screen erected on the field showing the England game, and the we were entertained by a local band called the Delorians, (from Chichester l believe?) who thought were magnificent. That is until just before 10pm when they were forced to abandon their act, due to complaints about the noise by some octogenarians who couldn't get to sleep.

Has anyone else come across the Delorians?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Cowfest 2021 was the official name for the annual Cowfold Village Fete, which took place on the playing field yesterday.

C0040A29-B507-4520-A747-9644AD51F481.jpeg

Only heard of DeLorean which would be useful to attend your village fete, you should have mentioned this on Friday. :)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

The 2020 version was cancelled due to Covid so we were all looking forward to the fun and games, and letting off some steam.

Shayler's funfair was present, offering various attractions and rides for the young and not so young. There was also a dog show, classic car show, stalls where many local businesses were selling their wares, and exhibitions by the Royal British Legion, Village History Society, Weald Community Church etc.

And the frigging BBC provided live coverage of Wimbledon and the Euros and not this? FFS :rant:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never been to Cowfold until my recent stint of driving for the Argos Army during lockdown. Lovely part of the world all around there I must say.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Played on the village green for the mighty Chailey...Mid Sussex League :) er in the 70s! early.....

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

I came across a silver one driving from Eastbourne to Brighton once. I was in a 1.4litre Renault Clio and decided to try and keep up as I'd got the impression that they weren't particularly quick. The person out their foot down and were gone as soon as they decided they were fed up of me admiring their rear end. Really fast.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As I understand it, it had to stop at 10 as that was a condition of the licence.

True actually, such a shame though as everyone was just getting into it. Would probably have helped if the band had come on stage a bit earlier, as they didn't get underway until after 8.30.

They were actually forced to stop shortly after the first interval when the organiser appeared on stage to explain just as the band were about to go into another number. They obviously hadn't been informed.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I came across a silver one driving from Eastbourne to Brighton once. I was in a 1.4litre Renault Clio and decided to try and keep up as I'd got the impression that they weren't particularly quick. The person out their foot down and were gone as soon as they decided they were fed up of me admiring their rear end. Really fast.

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here