Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Crystal Palace appoint Patrick Vieira as their new manager

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm fairly confident he will be an abject failure.

This could well be a lot of fun!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Blimey! Who saw that one coming? :ohmy:

Hopefully a highly amusing crash n burn job. Tho if he somehow ends up in a higher league position next season than our resident dullard...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting to see the outcome.

Whether they stay up or not will be more about their transfer window than their manager appointment though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If he turns out to be just half the manager that he was a player, then he will be a great success.

Patrick Viera, one of the best box to box midcfield players that has ever graced the Premier League.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Where are the Palarse trolls??

Waiting for them to say how Europe is guaranteed next season (and that a certain poster 'knew' it was Viera months ago).

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If he turns out to be just half the manager that he was a player, then he will be a great success.

Patrick Viera, one of the best box to box midcfield players that has ever graced the Premier League.

Do great players generally go onto make great managers all that often?

Pep, certainly, Mancini, possibly.

I’m struggling after these two in the current crop of top class managers. Steven Gerrard may prove to be great, but it’s a bit soon to know yet.
In the past, not many English great players have made it as agreat manager, Moore , Bobby Charlton, Styles, all pretty abject failures on the manager front.

Most great managers were pretty average, or worse , players.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do great players generally go onto make great managers all that often?

Pep, certainly, Mancini, possibly.

I’m struggling after these two in the current crop of top class managers. Steven Gerrard may prove to be great, but it’s a bit soon to know yet.
In the past, not many English great players have made it as agreat manager, Moore , Bobby Charlton, Styles, all pretty abject failures on the manager front.

Most great managers were pretty average, or worse , players.

Very true.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Zidane did pretty well, Deschamps too. That World Cup team have done ok. Henry not been great.

Jury’s out on vieira for me, couldn’t say I’ve seen any of his teams play football so can’t judge too much. Just hope he’s a loud of old pony.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Can see him quitting before the season starts if they don't make some headway with players.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here