Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] ***Sussex v Glamorgan match thread ***

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just about calmed down after the Ukraine game and have noticed the Sussex squad for tomorrow's CC game

With eleven players missing, there's a good chance of getting a game if you turn up in your whites - fancy coming up against Labuschagne with this lot?

Full squad

Ben Brown (captain), Will Beer, Jack Carson, Oli Carter, Mitch Claydon, Travis Head, Danial Ibrahim, Archie Lenham, Stuart Meaker, Ali Orr, Joe Sarro, Aaron Thomason, Stiaan van Zyl.

I can't see them playing Beer, Carson and Lenham and I suspect that we'll also lose one of Claydon, Meaker and Sarro. This must be one of the weakest Sussex line-ups I've ever seen.

I wonder if Beer will be an opener - he's done it before.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've got a village match to score at Staplefield. I would have turned out otherwise. Maybe next time.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is Lambuschagne playing? I read that he was leaving Glamorgan early for family reasons or something.

It's not a great side for Sussex, but frankly I've given up on winning anything this year anyway.

I hadn't read that. It's still going to a struggle for Sussex. How many of that squad would be in the team if we had ALL or players available? 3? 4? It's not good

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I've got a village match to score at Staplefield. I would have turned out otherwise. Maybe next time.

I used to own The victory pub in Staplefield.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Our game has been rained off. And I see there's no play before lunch at Hove - that may take it into a third day

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Great - we won comfortably on Friday - and keep only four from that team today! Glamorgan have kept seven or eight.

Play due to start in two minutes - covers still on though.

Edit: Correction - here we go!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
23-3. My prediction of being all out by 5.00 looks a good one

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here