Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jeremy Sarmiento [1/1/24 - Recalled from West Brom loan]

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Out of the blue (and into the blue and white stripes)

ENGLAND U18 wonderkid Jeremy Sarmiento is a target for several clubs in Europe's top five leagues after starring overseas.

The 17-year-old forward, currently with Benfica, has one more year left on his contract with the Portuguese giants.

And that's alerted top teams in the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1 to his potential availability.

The former Charlton rookie moved to Portugal from the Addicks in 2018.
He was previously linked to Manchester City, before heading to Lisbon to continue his football education.

Born in Madrid to Ecuadorian parents, Sarmiento also has a decision to make about his international future.

SunSport has learned that the lightning-quick starlet is at the centre of a tug-of-war between England, Spain and Ecuador, who all believe Sarmiento has the potential to play for them.

The wideman,*likened to Borussia Dortmund sensation Jadon Sancho, has already played for Ecuador's U15 side.

“I certainly feel Jeremy is an exciting player, who I would describe as a wide forward, rather than a winger," his former academy manager at Charlton Steve Avory said.

“He can also play the No 10 role. He is excellent at his age at manipulating the ball in tight areas, can go past players, which is very exciting, he can do that at pace and is a goalscorer.”

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion have a thing about Ecuadorians...

Was being banded about as England's new wonderkid a couple of years back. Not sure where he's at now.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
01-Jeremy-Sarmiento-Signing-24MAY21_PH_0054.jpg

He doesn’t look very happy about it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
VERY interesting.

We signed a pre-contract in March apparently... kept that one quiet. Source: https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/ben...act-with-a-premier/151o31vu3lowu1fvu8s9us2r5p

A year ago was tipped to join top clubs from top leagues in Europe, including Man City. Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/11632494/jeremy-sarmiento-benfica-wonderkid-transfer/

I wonder if we were the team that, according to his father "..wanted Jeremy in the winter transfer window, paying the amounts related to the deal and offering Benfica 20 per cent of a future transfer. I don’t know what happened, but Benfica didn’t accept it."?

If so, we've got him for less money now...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Meh.

I've got a mate who runs a English bar in the Algarve and he reckons he's shitehouse.

Não obrigado :moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here