Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Happy Birthday Debbie Harry (yesterday)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
915B1784-340F-4B58-8106-2B8C167C1CF5.jpeg

Not looking bad for 76

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Saw Blondie at the Brighton Centre three or four years ago. Outstanding. She's very funny on stage too. Great gig.

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
I saw Blondie at the Isle of wight festival 10 years or so ago and she was shocking. Just stood there, no presence, no enthusiasm couldnt be arsed.

In fact I just googled to see when it was (2010) and the Guardian said this "At worst (Blondie), it was sad testament that Debbie Harry still has the new wave snarl, but no longer the vocal oomph."

She was an act I was keen to see and cross of my list but she was the worst there (and Ndubs were on the bill)

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I'm amazed she's only a year younger than my mum

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I saw Blondie at the Isle of wight festival 10 years or so ago and she was shocking. Just stood there, no presence, no enthusiasm couldnt be arsed.

In fact I just googled to see when it was (2010) and the Guardian said this "At worst (Blondie), it was sad testament that Debbie Harry still has the new wave snarl, but no longer the vocal oomph."

She was an act I was keen to see and cross of my list but she was the worst there (and Ndubs were on the bill)

Well l think that very few artistes heading for eighty, are going to have anything like the vocal range that they once had. Paul McCartney, and Mick Jagger are just two of many examples. In fact the only one l can think of who has, is Tom Jones, and his voice has actually matured with age!

It all leads me to wonder, why on earth most of these old timers continue to tour, it certainly can't be for the money. Presumably it's the glamour and the adulation that they can't live without.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well l think that very few artistes heading for eighty, are going to have anything like the vocal range that they once had. Paul McCartney, and Mick Jagger are just two of many examples. In fact the only one l can think of who has, is Tom Jones, and his voice has actually matured with age!

It all leads me to wonder, why on earth most of these old timers continue to tour, it certainly can't be for the money. Presumably it's the glamour and the adulation that they can't live without.

Or maybe they just love what they do.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Or maybe they just love what they do.

Indeed.

And in some ways kudos to them for bein g prepared to play in much more modest venues, and to smaller audiences that they were used to in their heyday.

I'm a Quo fan, and saw them live many times back in the 80's and 90';s filling venues like the Hammersmith Odeon and Wembley Stadium, now forty years on, they have gigs lined up n such places as Guildford and Southend.

D

Deleted member 2719

Not listening........laa laa laa

:ban:

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud

Ironically Paul McCartney was the main act that night at the Isle of Wight and he was superb, all the hits and Hey Jude went on for about 20 minutes!!!!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
For those of us of a certain age, she will remain the fittest woman ever….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Only had two music posters on my wall as a teenager. Heaven Up Here cover, and Ms Harry.

Edit: - just remembered I also had Unknown Pleasures cover as well. I suppose heaven up here and unknown pleasures were quite fitting terms to be alongside her really!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here