Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Android phone recommendations

I had a Motorola G7 which I liked and therefore thought that if I upgraded to the Moto G(8) power it would be even better. Wrong! The camera on the G8 is at best unreliable and for some reason the phone does not support touch payments although the G7 did.

Don't want anything Apple, recommendations invited for an Android smartphone £150 - £200 range that will fit the bill,

Thanks awfully.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I think my last 3 or 4 phones have been Sony Xperia. Currently have an Xperia 1, never had any issues with Sony phones. The camera is amazing and I use it for music all the time as it sounds great.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Terrible budget phone. Avoid any Samsung A series phone, unless you really just want it for basic functions and uses, and can tolerate not having decent weatherproofing.

I recommend any previous edition Samsung S edition phone. Best value for money for a quality top tier phone. Any latest edition is greatly overpriced.

The S10e is a great smaller top spec handset, or S10 if you prefer the large screen.

Your opinion :thumbsup:
But I'm happy with me A51 :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Had a Samsung S7 for two years, excellent phone but screen burn is quite bad

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Samsung galaxy S7 lasted me 4 years and was still going strong when I recently upgraded to a Samsung galaxy A71.

Really happy with it. The business

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Poco NFC is worth a look at that price point
I tend to be quite heavy handed with my phones due to work circumstances so they need replacing on occasion
For the money the spec was pretty good
Have a look I’m quite happy with mine 4 months later

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Samsung mid-range are very good. I avoided them for years assuming you could get better value elsewhere, but I've changed my mind.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Samsung A71. Fast, slick, great camera, nice size, battery rarely dips below 30% after some fairly heavy usage all day.

Ticks every box for me.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Redmis are cheap as chips and do the job really well. Best budget phone I have had. I recently got the Poco in yellow.

Very happy with it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So, always had a Mac computer, always an iPhone, family are all on iPhones, BUT, I've been quite invested in Google of late, using Google apps for my business both on my Mac through Google browser or on the phone - backed up through Google Drive.

Youngest son needs a new [old] phone and I have a choice. I can either a) buy him a refurbished/used iPhone XS or XR, or b) I get a Google Pixel something and he inherits my current XS.

I'm assuming that as the only person in the family on android, everyone else would need to drop using iCal, iOS contacts, iOS find my iPhone and we'd all have to switch to Google app equivalents. Does the make no sense, or is it time to embrace more of the Google architecture??

a or b...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Redmis are cheap as chips and do the job really well. Best budget phone I have had. I recently got the Poco in yellow.

Very happy with it.
another vote for REDMI - lot of features at a decent price. I got the REDMI NOTE 10 and got £40 off through taking out a credit card which I then just paid off and put to one side.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So, always had a Mac computer, always an iPhone, family are all on iPhones, BUT, I've been quite invested in Google of late, using Google apps for my business both on my Mac through Google browser or on the phone - backed up through Google Drive.

Youngest son needs a new [old] phone and I have a choice. I can either a) buy him a refurbished/used iPhone XS or XR, or b) I get a Google Pixel something and he inherits my current XS.

I'm assuming that as the only person in the family on android, everyone else would need to drop using iCal, iOS contacts, iOS find my iPhone and we'd all have to switch to Google app equivalents. Does the make no sense, or is it time to embrace more of the Google architecture??

a or b...
I'm pretty sure you can sync iCal and your contacts with Android. There's also an Android equivalent of Find My Phone.

I've had a Pixel 6a for the last few months and can highly recommend it. It's the cheapest Pixel device but doesn't feel like a slow phone. I also prefer the slightly smaller size, I don't need one of these giant phablet devices.

If you're used to an iPhone, you'll need to give yourself a bit of time to get used to navigating an Android phone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here