Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rafa to Everton confirmed

el punal

Ooh! That’s going to go down well. Reminiscent of George Graham taking over at Tottenham back in the 1990s or whenever it was. I remember Spurs fans not being able to chant his name - instead it was “Man in the raincoat’s blue and white army!” :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm gonna boooooo him.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Toffee-tastic but what a step down for wor Rafa from the heights of Madrid, Liverpool, Inter, Chelsea. Hopefully he can secure their traditional 7th/8th place finish for generations to come zzzzzzzzz

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
It's a safe appointment, but in my opinion, an uninspiring appointment. I don't think he's a modern manager and while his team will be organised and difficult to beat, they won't be challenging for a Cup and they won't be doing anything they don't do every season in the league. I really think his time at the top level should have passed, but I like the man and while I don't think he'll do very well I don't wish him bad luck or ill fortune.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is going to do a good boring job for a few years and they might get to play the Europa League or the Europa Conference Division or whatever **** its called.

Another few forgettable years but maybe with sugar on top.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Never a great start when a good proportion of the fan base are strongly opposed to the appointment. A couple of poor results early on and it could be an interesting watch.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm really impressed how Rafa Benitez is willing to learn a new language, given he's already fluent in Red Scouse, Geordie, Cockenese and now trying Blue Scouse.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Worked out okay for Steve Gritt though :thumbsup:

That was different though. Nobody had anything personal against Gritt, it was more that ANYONE taking the job faced resistance - such was the topsy turvy toxic world we lived in then.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
They have plenty of games early on that their fans would expect to win.
Saints (H), Leeds (A), Albion (A) Burnley (H), Villa (A), Norwich (H) Man U (A) West Ham (H) Watford (H), Wolves (A) are their first 10 games which could see a fair bit of pressure if the start loosing

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't remember us kicking off like that when Coppell took over and that REALLY didn't start well.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Toffee-tastic but what a step down for wor Rafa from the heights of Madrid, Liverpool, Inter, Chelsea. Hopefully he can secure their traditional 7th/8th place finish for generations to come zzzzzzzzz

He stepped down when he took the Newcastle job to be honest !

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I ask the same question as in the Nuno Spurs thread.

So who are Everton going to appoint when they sack Benitez in 10-12 months? And a 3 year deal they’ve given him. Jesus wept. So many PL club owners are utter morons. 3 year deal. Yeah like he’ll see that through. Just burning through money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here