Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit has made England team better!

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
Ok. I know this thread is gonna disappear in no time but had to post. Just listening to Radio 2 with people sending/phoning in thoughts about England game and, it was bound to happen of course but, someone texted in to say that "since Brexit" England have reached semi-final of World Cup and now beaten Germany in euros and that this was "ANOTHER BENEFIT OF BREXIT"!!
So it may just have been a wind-up but i have tried to be objective and thought is there anyway that England's result last night could have been helped by Brexit? I can think of absolutely no reason. Seems to me the only "benefit" is that some idiots booed the German Anthem.
Did Sterling score because of Brexit? No. Did Southgate bring on Grealish because of Brexit? No. We reached semi's in World Cup because of a favourable draw not because of Brexit!
Thoughts?
And mods feel free to dump this in some other area.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet the same idiots who say this moan about the knee due to mixing politics and football?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surely if the England Football Team were fully behind Brexit they would withdraw from the Euros and just play in the reinstated Home International Championship.
Really disappointed that Priti Vacant didn't refuse a number of visas for the star players of all visiting teams, unless she is keeping this under wraps until the final.

Also what about building back better, surely this must mean that teams outside of the top 6 must get generous Government funding to enable them to climb up the table.

What next Johnson dithering about sacking Southgate when we go out.

If only the side of the bus had said Vote Brexit and win the Euros and World Cup the vote to leave in England would have been near 100%.

Anyway surely its not Brexit, it's all to do with English footballers now being Marxists for taking the knee that has changed our fortunes in the Euros.

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
210351949_10161007328807519_3194790466544786623_n.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely if the England Football Team were fully behind Brexit they would withdraw from the Euros and just play in the reinstated Home International Championship.

Good point. We should respect the will of the people, Ukraine it is then.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patreon
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Ok. I know this thread is gonna disappear in no time but had to post. Just listening to Radio 2 with people sending/phoning in thoughts about England game and, it was bound to happen of course but, someone texted in to say that "since Brexit" England have reached semi-final of World Cup and now beaten Germany in euros and that this was "ANOTHER BENEFIT OF BREXIT"!!
So it may just have been a wind-up but i have tried to be objective and thought is there anyway that England's result last night could have been helped by Brexit? I can think of absolutely no reason. Seems to me the only "benefit" is that some idiots booed the German Anthem.
Did Sterling score because of Brexit? No. Did Southgate bring on Grealish because of Brexit? No. We reached semi's in World Cup because of a favourable draw not because of Brexit!
Thoughts?

This neatly sums up exactly why Brexit happened. Too many people unable to distinguish the difference between correlation and causation.

I used to struggle with this myself, but ever since I started wearing my lucky pants, I have just been able to spot this pretty much every time.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Thoughts?

To be fair I think that text is about as serious as my Mum insisting for many years that the weather was always better when Michael Fish did the forecasting

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lolol:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair I think that text is about as serious as my Mum insisting for many years that the weather was always better when Michael Fish did the forecasting

Before he dismissed the rumours of a hurricane in '87, I'm assuming :moo:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
There's a man in a hot-air balloon. He's lost, so he shouts down to a man he sees below, "Excuse me. I am lost can you tell me where I am."
Of course. "You’re at 31 degrees, 14.57 minutes north latitude & 100 degrees, 49.09 minutes west longitude," he replies.
"You must be a remainer," he says.
"I am. How did you know?"
"Because everything you told me is factually correct, but the information doesn't help me, and I’m still lost. Frankly, you’ve been no help."
"You must be a Leaver," he replies
"Yes. How did you know?"
"You've decided to put yourself in this position. You’ve risen due to a lot of hot air. You aren't in control of what you are doing, and you expect me to solve your problem. You’re in exactly the same position you were in before we met, but somehow now it is my fault."

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here