Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast
    Members

Brexit has made England team better!

0 Not allowed!
    Ok. I know this thread is gonna disappear in no time but had to post. Just listening to Radio 2 with people sending/phoning in thoughts about England game and, it was bound to happen of course but, someone texted in to say that "since Brexit" England have reached semi-final of World Cup and now beaten Germany in euros and that this was "ANOTHER BENEFIT OF BREXIT"!!
    So it may just have been a wind-up but i have tried to be objective and thought is there anyway that England's result last night could have been helped by Brexit? I can think of absolutely no reason. Seems to me the only "benefit" is that some idiots booed the German Anthem.
    Did Sterling score because of Brexit? No. Did Southgate bring on Grealish because of Brexit? No. We reached semi's in World Cup because of a favourable draw not because of Brexit!
    Thoughts?
    And mods feel free to dump this in some other area.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

4 Not allowed!
      I bet the same idiots who say this moan about the knee due to mixing politics and football?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SockMonster View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Thoughts?
      Nope.

6 Not allowed!
      Surely if the England Football Team were fully behind Brexit they would withdraw from the Euros and just play in the reinstated Home International Championship.
      Really disappointed that Priti Vacant didn't refuse a number of visas for the star players of all visiting teams, unless she is keeping this under wraps until the final.

Also what about building back better, surely this must mean that teams outside of the top 6 must get generous Government funding to enable them to climb up the table.

What next Johnson dithering about sacking Southgate when we go out.

If only the side of the bus had said Vote Brexit and win the Euros and World Cup the vote to leave in England would have been near 100%.

Anyway surely its not Brexit, it's all to do with English footballers now being Marxists for taking the knee that has changed our fortunes in the Euros.
      Joint winner NSC Predictor League 2017/18
      Finalist NSC EURO 2020 Prediction Competition

25 Not allowed!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	210351949_10161007328807519_3194790466544786623_n.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	138136
      Graham Potter & his all-passing, no-scoring performance art project.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      Surely if the England Football Team were fully behind Brexit they would withdraw from the Euros and just play in the reinstated Home International Championship.
      Good point. We should respect the will of the people, Ukraine it is then.
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."
      Pro-peace

1 Not allowed!
      I'm as anti-EU as you can be, but this is just stupid.

5 Not allowed!
      Ok. I know this thread is gonna disappear in no time but had to post. Just listening to Radio 2 with people sending/phoning in thoughts about England game and, it was bound to happen of course but, someone texted in to say that "since Brexit" England have reached semi-final of World Cup and now beaten Germany in euros and that this was "ANOTHER BENEFIT OF BREXIT"!!
      So it may just have been a wind-up but i have tried to be objective and thought is there anyway that England's result last night could have been helped by Brexit? I can think of absolutely no reason. Seems to me the only "benefit" is that some idiots booed the German Anthem.
      Did Sterling score because of Brexit? No. Did Southgate bring on Grealish because of Brexit? No. We reached semi's in World Cup because of a favourable draw not because of Brexit!
      Thoughts?
      This neatly sums up exactly why Brexit happened. Too many people unable to distinguish the difference between correlation and causation.

I used to struggle with this myself, but ever since I started wearing my lucky pants, I have just been able to spot this pretty much every time.
      "And the beep says goal!" - Jonathan Pearce MotD 05/05/18
      https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...=1#post9556750
      Members

5 Not allowed!
      We went out to Iceland days after the vote 5 years ago.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Thoughts?
      To be fair I think that text is about as serious as my Mum insisting for many years that the weather was always better when Michael Fish did the forecasting