Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] New house - erm, they left some things behind

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have a little dilemma that I thought I'd seek the advice of NSC on. Having moved into a new house this week, when sorting out bits and bobs I found some highly personal, pleasure giving items in a draw in the master bedroom.

Now I'm wondering if I should either discreetly let them know they have left them, and ask if they want to collect (I'd need to contact them via Facebook) or should I just get rid?

What makes this even more fun is that we have a mutual friend with the previous owners, and we could well bump into them at a future social event.

So NSC - what do you think I should do?

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I have a little dilemma that I thought I'd seek the advice of NSC on. Having moved into a new house this week, when sorting out bits and bobs I found some highly personal, pleasure giving items in a draw in the master bedroom.

Now I'm wondering if I should either discreetly let them know they have left them, and ask if they want to collect (I'd need to contact them via Facebook) or should I just get rid?

What makes this even more fun is that we have a mutual friend with the previous owners, and we could well bump into them at a future social event.

Sniff them and send them on..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

To give a serious answer, I'd just get rid.

If they've realised that they've left them behind, I can't see them contacting you to get them back.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Ok, this is a clear red flag....

No one, but no one leaves those kinda things behind by accident...

That is a clear invitation for you to contact them, tell us more about these "social events"

:lolol:

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
This reminds me of a couple of incidents when I worked in a lost property department on the railway.

One day a backpack was handed in that contained 2 things. 70 year old+ granny jazz mags and a tube of Savlon.

The other time I came in and overnight a wooden box had been handed in, I was advised not to look in said box and just log it at "Brown wooden box, approx 10" cube". I thought nothing of it and went about the rest of my duties, thinking I'd log it in a bit once I'd set everything else up, an hour later the 2nd member of the team comes in and I pop back in the office to find him sat at the table with a brew and the box open with a selection of sex toys lined up alongside and him dutifully logging the exact contents of the box with accurate descriptions of the items within.

For my money I'd bung them on eBay or gumtree, if you list them as condition unknown, probably used some proper weirdo will enjoy that. Or Facebook marketplace, maybe the previous owners will buy them back off you?

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Ok, this is a clear red flag....

No one, but no one leaves those kinda things behind by accident...

That is a clear invitation for you to contact them, tell us more about these "social events"

:lolol:
Wish I could. We just both know the same person, in fact they are good friends (not in that way I think). Just one day there might be a bbq, or birthday bash we are all at.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This stuff isn't taboo anymore, everyone had sex toys. No different to any other lost property. I wouldn't even try to be discreet, just say "you've left you vibrators/dildos, do you want them back?"

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
This stuff isn't taboo anymore, everyone had sex toys. No different to any other lost property. I wouldn't even try to be discreet, just say "you've left you vibrators/dildos, do you want them back?"

You are probably right, however I am too much of an old prude to do that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It HAS to be deliberate.

Before anyone moves they check every drawer and cupboard numerous times surely?

You don't happen to have pampas grass in your new front garden do you?

I think I may have mixed up red hot pokers with pampas grass. I wondered why we had so many strange cars parked outside our place a while back.

hello again.jpg
hello.png

Last edited:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Return the said items with some new batteries and a note saying you popped some batteries in the bag as you think these lithium iron ones are better

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It happened rather differently for me. When we moved in the outers had taken all the lightbulbs, door handles and curtain rails but left a shed full of old car and boat parts with sea navigation charts

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I would just sit on them for a while if I were you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here