WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
tumblr_lw0recwtsA1qh59n0o6_250.gif

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Isn't this a form of Racism?

NO, not at all. Its xenophobic possibly. Unless it is only the National Anthems from non Caucasian countries that are booed

People seem to think racism and xenophobia are interchangeable, but they aren't, they have two distinct meanings.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
It’s like the opposition manager sticking a negative newspaper headline on the wall to motivate the team. May as well just send them out without a team talk, “are you proud to play for country, well just listen during your anthem’…

Even when we boo a visiting star player, who may just feel a little less up for it that day is suddenly energized by being boo’d. I think fans must just like booing a player then seeing them score against them - yay look we boo’d him enough that he’s motm and scored twice.:facepalm:

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
are people who think booing flags is wrong / silly... woke?

fweedon of speech innit?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I was at Wembley yesterday; didn't boo the anthem (or the knee, for that matter). I see it as sadly inevitable, really. The make up of a crowd reflects the population as a whole, so there are plenty of people who think it's a big and clever thing to do. I've been at plenty of away games with England where our anthem gets booed, doesn't really bother me all that much. If I were a player, I'd just use it as extra motiviation.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Really doesn't worry me either way.

In the same way other teams singing offensive songs to Brighton doesn't either.

Bigger things to worry about in all honesty.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Bad. Booing is for the pathetic, small minded, racist, fixed mindset, xenophobic morons. There's lots of them on our little island sadly.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Never understood booing the opponent's anthem. Moving aside the debate of lack of respect/morals/ethics etc, the best way to unsettle the oppo is stoney silence...tens of thousands of people staring at you in silence is the most daunting prospect. If I was an international sportsmen playing an away match, I'd love to get booed because you'd feed off it. Hence if crowds want to make an impact on behalf of their team, keep silent.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Excellent poll :thumbsup:

Is this gonna be seen as divisive though :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here