Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] freedom to dance.......thoughts...?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I hadn't realised dancing was banned? Bad news for Sophie Ellis Bextor and last year's Strictly.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hope they take their rubbish home.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Don't be taken by looks, it's when they open their mouths and you hear the dialect.......:lol:

I'll reference [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] here, he'll concur :D

Christ, they're not from UXBRIDGE are they?

*trembles*

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On a serious note, listening to the PM just now, he's hell bent on Freedom Day (actually using the term). I think he's right.

:tumble:

OK, close your dropped jaws. There are caveats.

Unfortunately...he is under pressure from other voices that see the delta variant and numbers of cases now skyrocketting and want to be cautious. So I expect more dither, plan changing, confusing advice and some members of the public imagining face and space and masks are still required while others deduce it's a free for all, with each side phoning R5 to rant and rave or emote and cry. And also there will be sudden changes to travel rules, quarantine....and on it will go.

It is going to continue to be a mess.

I agree with the PM because the new variant is nothing like as lethal as the original. It looks to me to be less lethal (% of cases who die) than ordinary flu, albeit this may be partly due to the intensive treatment protocol we have for Covid that is not matched by flu intervention. With the mass vaccination, there is no reason why cases and hospitalizations (and risk of death) should not be restricted from now on to the daft anti vaxxers, ignorant and largely old members of the south Asian 'community', and the very, very unlucky ones who cannot be vaccinated for genuine reasons and have co-morbidities such as old age, immunosuppression etc (these people should receive all the support necessary from the taxpayer so they can stay safe).

With my caveat above, and continued mass vaccination and diligence over getting vaccine upgrades with each new variant (which I think is already in place in the UK) I'd be happy for life to go back to normal, tomorrow. Can anyone point out any flaws in that logic?

And back to Boris, unfortunately the bungling and mind-changing will continue. His answers about how he went from backing Handoncock to replacing him without explanation in the blink of an eye, today, does not bode well for those who like a leader who decides and sticks rather than a leader who twists and twists (to coin a glib ersatz quasi-Borisism).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Incidentally [MENTION=420]sydney[/MENTION], when I read the original thread title I initially thought it was an homage to those weird late 70s and early 80s bands like Japan who released awkward tracks with clunky titles like 'Methods of dance' and, 'Politics of the dancefloor'. Records made by pretentious boys too self conscious to . . . dance. :lolol: :wink:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
On a serious note, listening to the PM just now, he's hell bent on Freedom Day (actually using the term). I think he's right.

:tumble:

OK, close your dropped jaws. There are caveats.

Unfortunately...he is under pressure from other voices that see the delta variant and numbers of cases now skyrocketting and want to be cautious. So I expect more dither, plan changing, confusing advice and some members of the public imagining face and space and masks are still required while others deduce it's a free for all, with each side phoning R5 to rant and rave or emote and cry. And also there will be sudden changes to travel rules, quarantine....and on it will go.

It is going to continue to be a mess.

I agree with the PM because the new variant is nothing like as lethal as the original. It looks to me to be less lethal (% of cases who die) than ordinary flu, albeit this may be partly due to the intensive treatment protocol we have for Covid that is not matched by flu intervention. With the mass vaccination, there is no reason why cases and hospitalizations (and risk of death) should not be restricted from now on to the daft anti vaxxers, ignorant and largely old members of the south Asian 'community', and the very, very unlucky ones who cannot be vaccinated for genuine reasons and have co-morbidities such as old age, immunosuppression etc (these people should receive all the support necessary from the taxpayer so they can stay safe).

With my caveat above, and continued mass vaccination and diligence over getting vaccine upgrades with each new variant (which I think is already in place in the UK) I'd be happy for life to go back to normal, tomorrow. Can anyone point out any flaws in that logic?

And back to Boris, unfortunately the bungling and mind-changing will continue. His answers about how he went from backing Handoncock to replacing him without explanation in the blink of an eye, today, does not bode well for those who like a leader who decides and sticks rather than a leader who twists and twists (to coin a glib ersatz quasi-Borisism).

Nice idea, but since April 1st those who were shielding can no longer claim SSP or ESA and are too late to join the furlough bus - so financially looked after, you're having a giraffe...!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nice idea, but since April 1st those who were shielding can no longer claim SSP or ESA and are too late to join the furlough bus - so financially looked after, you're having a giraffe...!

My suggestion was a hope, not an expectation.

My expectation is that Boris will **** it all up again (and again as he has done without digression) since day 1.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My sister went. From her pictures would estimate 40k-50k+ in attendance. The drum and bass systems were rammed and going off big time. There is a lot of pent up partying waiting to explode!

https://youtu.be/v1uWWghAW0Y

Only sad thing for me is it got barely any coverage in the media. Certainly not TV coverage anyway.

Last edited:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When do we have our Freedom Not To Dance Day? Eh? Honestly, if you so much as say you don't want to dance these days, they'll throw you in jail. I didn't win Brexit in order for these wokey folky layabouts to exercise their rights.
Booooo! Boooooo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here