Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is anyone else embarrassed by the booing of the German national anthem

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Great result tonight, but the booing and disrespect of the oppositions national anthem I find absolutely embarrassing.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Always embarrassing but the Germans got their revenge on the swivel eyed gammons by helping out with the cheer for the taking of the knee which pretty much drowned out any booing there may have been.

The Germans were also brilliant with their flag waving at the end. We still have some way to go to match their humility and tolerance.

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes. We have a bunch of brain dead Neanderthals that follow our national team. It can only help the opposition.shame they can’t be excluded from attending matches.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I wouldn't boo myself, as I don't give a shite. But equally I don't give a shite about other fans booing a national anthem.

It's just a national anthem. Why does anyone give a shite?! I would prefer if they weren't played at all to be honest.

It shows a total lack of respect.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rugby Union internationals are normally classy, but the Welsh at home boo some national anthems and break a taboo by always booing opposition place kicks.

Yes, I find it cringeworthy, classless.

Probably the same muppets booing TTK.

What can be done? Brain cells cannot be imported.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I actually enjoyed the booing of the German national anthem.
The fans at Wembley were the best I've seen in years.
The fans today we're unashamedly patriotic,loud,raucous,passionate and incredibly disrespectful and hostile to the opposition.
Exactly how Wembley should be.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most wanky behaviour goes over my head, I was embarrassed to be English when that booing started. Despicable lack of respect

But I am old school, so probably out of touch

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
No.

Want to see childishness? European nations never giving the UK a point in Eurovision.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It takes the shine off, you know, dulls the sensation of sweet victory to know that I'm of the same species as a clinically obese xenophobic animal with his top off... fists clenched in an impotent rage, spittle projecting, drunk, sun burnt cretins one and all.

To be honest I was embarrassed listening and watching some of our fans, akin to caged beasts - totally ungracious and heading for a fall after the lords mayors show leaves town.

Mark me, the boulders are already rolling - it's too late for the pebbles to vote.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I wouldn't boo myself, as I don't give a shite. But equally I don't give a shite about other fans booing a national anthem.

It's just a national anthem. Why does anyone give a shite?! I would prefer if they weren't played at all to be honest.

So if GOSBTS was permanently booed by opposition fans, what then ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here