Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Whitty

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Kirsty Gallagher told gb news that it wasn’t that bad. Wasn’t his dad hauled from a car and killed by terrorists?

Wtf has happened to this country where anyone would justify behaviour like this?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The BBC didnt put the video up on their website and I had to go look for it. TBH I'm not sure it was anywhere near as bad as the BBC would have you believe.

He wasn't being assaulted or threatened in any way, shape or form. If I had been in Witty's position I would have said "take your pics fellas then I'm off". If it had been a sporting star or a well known musician etc etc strolling through the park on their own then people would have been wanting a selfie; it happens all the time.

I'm not saying it's right (I wouldn't ever approach say, a BHAFC player in a supermarket because it would be rude as they weren't "at work" but I'm sure I'm in the minority) but if you are a public figure then this kind of thing will happen and Witty clearly didn't handle it as well as he could have.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Sometimes I’m embarrassed to be British.
If Winston Churchill or Florence Nightingale (Yes I know they probably wouldn’t recognise them) were walking hand in hand down Pall Mall they would probably get the same treatment.
Totally disgusting.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
The BBC didnt put the video up on their website and I had to go look for it. TBH I'm not sure it was anywhere near as bad as the BBC would have you believe.

He wasn't being assaulted or threatened in any way, shape or form. If I had been in Witty's position I would have said "take your pics fellas then I'm off". If it had been a sporting star or a well known musician etc etc strolling through the park on their own then people would have been wanting a selfie; it happens all the time.

I'm not saying it's right (I wouldn't ever approach say, a BHAFC player in a supermarket because it would be rude as they weren't "at work" but I'm sure I'm in the minority) but if you are a public figure then this kind of thing will happen and Witty clearly didn't handle it as well as he could have.

They had him in a headlock mate :lolol:

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011

On the video I saw they laid hands on him, against his wishes and at one point tried to pull his jacket over his head.
That’s assault and as such an arrestable offence.

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019

Depends if they were pissed up I suppose.
I'm very uncomfortable around pissed up blokes as they are very unpredictable and difficult to reason with.
It doesn't look like an assault but an uncomfortable situation for sure.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Those blokes are clearly a pair of complete wankers. No doubt they'll be identified, tackled by the media and forced to apologise and vow to improve their behaviour. It's ridiculous they thought it was funny, let alone appropriate. It could have been worse, obviously - because they weren't slagging him off or shouting at him or anything like that - they were just being generally inappropriate for no reason.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Bollocks … big bouncing ones! He shouldn’t need too. He’s a civil servant ffs not movie star or footballer. That’s a really crass post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Pathetic.

No respect for the man whatsoever.

The two perpetrators might well be drunk and I suspect both are dull but there is no excuse to harass anyone like this.

I’m guessing that he’d previously blown them out on a selfie request so they grabbed hold of him and got one anyway. Pond life.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Depends if they were pissed up I suppose.
I'm very uncomfortable around pissed up blokes as they are very unpredictable and difficult to reason with.
It doesn't look like an assault but an uncomfortable situation for sure.

From the video I saw that about sums it up ..pair of stupid drunks thinking they were being clever ..it being Witters is irrelevant..anybody would have found that disconcerting at the least ..I don’t think it’s the first time for him ..maybe a review of security? Although with police close by…..

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Then there's this idiot...

E5CwDgnWQAU-pID.png

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
By all accounts he’s not a man who really wants a huge public profile and prefers to stay low key. You can see he’s clearly uncomfortable in that footage.

Thankfully these idiots seeking fame on TikTok have made it easier to be identified.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here