Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A bloke knocked on my door this morning asking if i'd be interested in climbing Everest for charity. An hour later there was someone else selling ice cubes followed by a guy offering cheap chest freezers. Then a women came up and said she had some great deals on skiing holidays.

Bloody cold callers ruined my morning.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
A bloke knocked on my door this morning asking if i'd be interested in climbing Everest for charity. An hour later there was someone else selling ice cubes followed by a guy offering cheap chest freezers. Then a women came up and said she had some great deals on skiing holidays.

Hadn’t you asked them to call? A bit unlucky, 3 in a morning

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The opportunity to raise money for charity, keep your drinks cold during summer and buy both discounted white goods and inexpensive vacations doesn't sound too much of an imposition.

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Why were they all bloody? Sounds like you live in quite a dangerous neighbourhood and this is something you should be more worried about than ordinary, working people doing their jobs.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
You may have given your data, subject to GDPR regs, to the charity, so why you may say they were "cold calling" they may say they had legitimate interest. I think you're being harsh on your local dog's home.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

Just FYI 'cold calling' is when the sales call has not been initiated or invited by the putative customer. It is NOTHING to do with the products being sold.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Nepal in on the "Red list" as regards travelling. I think the bloke asking if you wanted to climb Everest was trying to scam you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here