Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alex Cochrane

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out of contract next summer.... unless we have a further year option ?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Hopefully this means we’re closing to tying up a proper LWB/LB option to compete with March, otherwise I’d have liked to see Cochrane given a chance during pre-season. He’s looked a real talent whenever I’ve seen him and Sanchez has shown that if you’re good enough your previous experience doesn’t matter too much.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

His contract was about to go out this summer but the club used its option in February or March... clearly there is a bit of faith in Cochrane. If he does well at Hearts I would assume he would get a new deal with Brighton.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Does seem a bit odd - if he plays well up there he can walk away for free? Apart from what we might get as development compensation or whatever it's called.

Oh well, guess the club know what they're doing. Will follow the lad's progress with interest - good luuck to him.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Hopefully this means we’re closing to tying up a proper LWB/LB option to compete with March, otherwise I’d have liked to see Cochrane given a chance during pre-season. He’s looked a real talent whenever I’ve seen him and Sanchez has shown that if you’re good enough your previous experience doesn’t matter too much.

Why do you assume that? we managed with Solly or Dan Burn all last season at left back or left wing back, and have other players who can fill in there too if necessary, Karbownik for intance.

I really don't see Cochrane staying or going is going to make any difference as to whether we sign someone new or not.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nice move for him and we can compare how he does a bit better than Belgian 2nd Division I expect. In some ways surprised he's not going back to USG for a go in the top tier.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Why do you assume that? we managed with Solly or Dan Burn all last season at left back or left wing back, and have other players who can fill in there too if necessary, Karbownik for intance.

I really don't see Cochrane staying or going is going to make any difference as to whether we sign someone new or not.

He’s the most like-for-like replacement we have for March currently, Burn does a job at LWB but he isn’t really comparable to Solly, is he? Whilst we have other players who can play there; like a right footed player who thinks of himself as a central midfielder, Cochrane is the only other left footed left wingback who likes getting forward. F*ck me, I’m not saying he’s my first name on the teamsheet, but I don’t think it’s too much of a stretch to have thought he’d have at least got a few weeks of preseason to impress Potter.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014

I know Karbownik is right footed, but I thought he played as a left back at his previous club. I tend to think we'll see more of him this season.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He must be pretty good or else he’d have been sold by now? Club must think he could develop like White.

He is probably a bit 'borderline' but from memory he is very versatile and can play in a number of positions. Likely doing the lad a favour with his career development and if it gets his wages covered everyone wins - regardless of what happens next summer

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Does seem a bit odd - if he plays well up there he can walk away for free? Apart from what we might get as development compensation or whatever it's called.

Oh well, guess the club know what they're doing. Will follow the lad's progress with interest - good luuck to him.

I'd be very surprised if the club didn't stick another years option on the deal Alex signed back in May.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know Karbownik is right footed, but I thought he played as a left back at his previous club. I tend to think we'll see more of him this season.

Karbownik plays on both sides and, I think, also in the middle. In other words, he's one of those multi-dimensional/positional players that we seem to favour and, yes, it'll be interesting to get the chance to see him next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They seem quite a well balanced lot up there - compared to Aberdeen anyway! A bit of negativity of the 'never heard of him', 'we don't need a back up LB' kind, but quite a lot of positivity too. They seem quite well informed ...........
"Incoming signing from Brighton."
"We're getting someone from Hibs parent club."
"Hope it's not Duffy!"

Here's a link, for anyone interested; the news breaks around page 253 for those who want to scroll back.
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/inde...r-window-alex-cochran-signs-updated/page/256/

Last edited:

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Karbownik plays on both sides and, I think, also in the middle. In other words, he's one of those multi-dimensional/positional players that we seem to favour and, yes, it'll be interesting to get the chance to see him next season.

I think the US governent just released a report about multi dimensional players, it's on the UFO thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here