Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
It doesn't really though, does it? It states that Chelsea are worried about losing him but not much about him coming to Brighton.

I'd argue it makes clear that it's not just "Twitter bollocks". There's a genuine link. Whether or not anything comes of it - who knows? But there's definitely substance.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
More noise about this one this morning. Chelsea fans seem gutted in the replies.

[tweet]1417745819713814528[/tweet]

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is looking very promising. Leeds have also done well getting hold of Bate.

This shift in young players attitude to big clubs and wanting to actually play in first teams could be great for the overall health of the game.

No surprise with seeing Leeds go all in for Master Bate.

They tried to nick Roberts from us, they keep a close eye on other top club’s talent (as do we).

In other news, Chelsea fans are not happy about this: https://www.theprideoflondon.com/2021/07/21/chelsea-cannot-afford-livramento-away/amp/

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Would be amazing to get this one over the line. The lad has loads of big clubs after him. From the videos of last year he is a real stand out. Very energetic RWB. Gets back to defend and a danger in attack. He occasionally plays on the left too which is an interesting option. Imagine him as LWB and Lamptey as RWB. On top of that with a name like Valentino Livramento what’s not to like.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I wonder whether Potter wants the option to push Lamptey further up the field?

Gareth Bale started out as a left-back before Spurs saw his exceptional pace and converted him to an attacking player, and the REst is history.

On the face of it Livramento is a like for like replacement for Lamptey.

I came here to post the same, saw your post. Yep, for me Lamptey is far more of an attacking player than a defender - he reminds me of Sterling the way he ghosts around the box. His pace means he can play in defence, as he can quickly recover if caught out of position - but I can't recall his tackling ability and obviously height is an issue.

As a wing back he's great, but as we showed last year with Gross, Moder, March and Alzate all spending time at wing back and doing well at it, you don't need to be a defender to play there in Brightons system.

There is a question if Lamptey can play in a back 4, however. With White gone and seemingly a lot of fantastic options in midfield, I wouldn't be surprised if we switched back to a 4 more often next season. The back 3/5 was built around Whites strengths and if he isn't replaced like for like a 4 may suit us better. If Lamptey is to play further up the pitch, a wide position ahead of a traditional full back also makes more sense than playing in the same space as the wing back.

So for a four, we only really have Veltman who looks comfortable at right back, so it is a position to strengthen. (left back too, of course - maybe the Getafe lad?) I know nothing of Livramento and whether he is comfortable in a four, but it is a consideration I reckon.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I came here to post the same, saw your post. Yep, for me Lamptey is far more of an attacking player than a defender - he reminds me of Sterling the way he ghosts around the box. His pace means he can play in defence, as he can quickly recover if caught out of position - but I can't recall his tackling ability and obviously height is an issue.

I thought Lamptey's ball recovery skills were very good in the games he played and for a little fella, his strength is incredible.

Look at the way he shrugs off Saint Maximim here (4mins 16) -

Last edited:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I saw a video of 3 guys discussing the Albion a couple of months ago. Cant remeber who they were or where I saw it but one of them, close to the club, was adamant that Lamptey isnt going to make it back and the only reason that we were able to sign him so cheaply was because we already knew of his suspect fitness and it was just a gamble to see if we could get him over these problems.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I saw a video of 3 guys discussing the Albion a couple of months ago. Cant remeber who they were or where I saw it but one of them, close to the club, was adamant that Lamptey isnt going to make it back and the only reason that we were able to sign him so cheaply was because we already knew of his suspect fitness and it was just a gamble to see if we could get him over these problems.

Sorry, but I can’t believe this was an existing condition. The medical would have picked that up. However, Lamptey has huge pace and with that goes the risk of hamstring injuries. He’ll need careful management to get back to full fitness and reduce the risk of a recurrence. I think we need to manage his game time and an alternative, young RWB would therefore be a good addition.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

As a wing back he's great, but as we showed last year with Gross, Moder, March and Alzate all spending time at wing back and doing well at it, you don't need to be a defender to play there in Brightons system.

There is a question if Lamptey can play in a back 4, however. With White gone and seemingly a lot of fantastic options in midfield, I wouldn't be surprised if we switched back to a 4 more often next season. The back 3/5 was built around Whites strengths and if he isn't replaced like for like a 4 may suit us better. If Lamptey is to play further up the pitch, a wide position ahead of a traditional full back also makes more sense than playing in the same space as the wing back.

So for a four, we only really have Veltman who looks comfortable at right back, so it is a position to strengthen. (left back too, of course - maybe the Getafe lad?) I know nothing of Livramento and whether he is comfortable in a four, but it is a consideration I reckon.
I also wonder if we'll revert to 4 at the back next season - did we perhaps only play 3 at the back to accommodate White without dropping Dunk or Webster? Worked well, if that was the case - still defended well and made an extra £25M out of it!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

What utter nonsense. We miss diagnosed his initial injury which was what caused his set back. If we had diagnosed it correctly first time we would have seen him back before the end of the season.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Unless those 3 blokes were Bloom, Barber and the head physio, I don't know how much credence we can give it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I also wonder if we'll revert to 4 at the back next season - did we perhaps only play 3 at the back to accommodate White without dropping Dunk or Webster? Worked well, if that was the case - still defended well and made an extra £25M out of it!

Could make a lot of sense ESPECIALLY if we keep Biss and play Mwepu with him in a midfield 2. Would mean we can play a fluid 4 2 3 1 which is the formation I think Potter would want to play. However. We have no full backs.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
What utter nonsense. We miss diagnosed his initial injury which was what caused his set back. If we had diagnosed it correctly first time we would have seen him back before the end of the season.

Didn’t we diagnose it correctly and try to see whether he could recuperate without surgery, decide during his rehab that he couldn’t and then he underwent surgery..... or have I misunderstood the process?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here