Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I expect to see Valentino dancing down the wing.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
[tweet]1417195462805839879[/tweet]

'Freelance journalist' using a stock photo.

I've got more followers than him.

Perhaps I should start a rumour.

I did try it once actually. And it reached the papers, as well as other 'ITK' accounts.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Top tip for everyone.

If you see a Twitter rumour from a ‘journalist’ you don’t recognise then follow these steps to save yourself from getting your hopes up.

- save their profile photo

- go to Tinyeye.com

- click search

- Tinyeye will then search the imagine for the photo you submitted.

- Discover that the photo of ‘Niccolo Russo’ is an Abdoe stock imagine appearing to originate from Germany in 2017 ( https://tineye.com/search/540b4a22a76a317f741e834e9813e179aa217008?sort=score&order=desc&page=1)

- don’t give the incredibly sad 15 year old behind the account the satisfaction of retweeting their absolute arsewash.

Oh ye of little faith. I found him with a simple search: born in 1846.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Top tip for everyone.

If you see a Twitter rumour from a ‘journalist’ you don’t recognise then follow these steps to save yourself from getting your hopes up.

- go to Tinyeye.com

- click search

- Discover that the photo of ‘Niccolo Russo’ is an Abdoe stock imagine appearing to originate from Germany in 2017 ( https://tineye.com/search/540b4a22a76a317f741e834e9813e179aa217008?sort=score&order=desc&page=1)

- don’t give the incredibly sad 15 year old behind the account the satisfaction of retweeting their absolute arsewash.

Many years ago I did a Twitter experiment with a player that I had chosen as a plausible signing from Spain. Of course, it was rubbish.

Not before it had reached numerous heavily followed accounts, printed media, and finally got Naylored down.

The majority of this is lazy journalism or just bullshit Twitter 'look at me' accounts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Three words

Lorenzo Pinamonte

Brentford

(all over it, obvs).

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I wonder whether Potter wants the option to push Lamptey further up the field?

Gareth Bale started out as a left-back before Spurs saw his exceptional pace and converted him to an attacking player, and the rest is history.

On the face of it Livramento is a like for like replacement for Lamptey.

Could be as competition/cover for Lamptey allowing Veltman to focus on being the new(old) Ben White and thus not necessarily needing to buy another central defender.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Top tip for everyone.

- go to Tinyeye.com

- click search

Not to mention that his name is apparently Niccolo, but his Twitter handle is spelt Nicollo.

I'd assume most actual journalists know how to spell their own name.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'm not sure why we're obsessing with one wannabe's tweet which we all know is just rehashing a tweet from a more respected source.

However, the original story from The Athletic about the three young Chelsea prospects is very interesting.
And if Chelsea's academy player of the year for last season is linked with the possibility of a move to Brighton it provides as much reason to be excited as any rumour currently being floated about in this transfer window.

If we are able to complete the signing of Tino Livramento I would suggest it would be viewed internally as probably the best bit of business we would have done this summer. I'm keeping my fingers and everything else crossed.

As usual, articles from The Athletic are behind a paywall, but here's a snippet:

The prospect of losing Livramento, who was named Chelsea’s academy player of the season in May, will be a massive blow to the club.
He has attracted interest from Southampton and is being strongly targeted by Brighton, who have watched him for some time. While a deal is not said to be imminent, it is a strong possibility because, like the others, he wants to leave this summer.
Livramento, named on the bench for the first time when Chelsea played against Manchester City in the Premier League two months ago, is known for playing right wing-back.
But head coach Thomas Tuchel already has captain Cesar Azpilicueta and James to play in that position. He has also used Callum Hudson-Odoi, another full England international, there.

https://theathletic.com/2715736/2021/07/19/chelsea-face-losing-bate-livramento-peart-harris-premier-league-transfer-window/?source=twitteruk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This would be a great signing. Cover for Lamps and Veltman focus on CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This would be a bit of a coup for us, hope there's something in it.

This will become more of a thing though I think as that Athletic article alludes to. I don't think the big clubs (especially Chelsea) are going to be able to stock pile all the best young players any more because they're seeing what happens to the likes of Sancho and Lamptey when they go and get regular first team games.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So is this just Twitter bollox or is there actually something to this?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's a post literally 4 up from yours that answers your question...

It doesn't really though, does it? It states that Chelsea are worried about losing him but not much about him coming to Brighton.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Isn’t Karbownik the same position? What will happen to him?

I was thinking this.

Surely he'd want to be above in the pecking order? Older than Lamptey and Livramento with more senior appearances and a full international

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here