Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tino Livramento

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Yes. In a couple of those youtube highlights he is playing left back.

But evidence, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], suggest that Potter only likes his fullbacks/wingbacks to play on thier dominant side.

Although he has played Solly March on the right at times. Liverpool away, for example.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Although he has played Solly March on the right at times. Liverpool away, for example.

That's true and he played well. But that was when Lamptey and Veltman were both injured and the only alternative was Karbownik, who didn't make it off the bench.

Didn't Potter bring on Lallana for Solly and push Gross out wide right?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Pretty sure that's happened (in the second half) at home too. We had the Newcastle away game on while playing Monopoly the other day, and Solly moved to the right in that game when BDB came on, but it seemed as though we shifted to a back four with White at RB and Solly further up the pitch.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Yes. In a couple of those youtube highlights he is playing left back.

But evidence, and [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION], suggest that Potter only likes his fullbacks/wingbacks to play on thier dominant side.

That is demonstrably not true. Moder and Alzate both had spells at LWB last season and as others have mentioned, March has played RWB.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That is demonstrably not true. Moder and Alzate both had spells at LWB last season and as others have mentioned, March has played RWB.

All were played out of position through necessity, due to injuries.

I'm a fan of inverted wingers, but Potter is not.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
663bd01225e30e2f1ce0700cf691ede8.jpg

Just as a place in the 1st team was opening up with Lamptey out for the foreseeable! [emoji3525]

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wonder if we changed minds and went with a different target, or someone in the u23’s is going to be promoted instead.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Thing is, I know Lamptey is injured, but we have Karbownik and Veltman too, I wouldn't blame this guy in thinking the pathway in this position is not exactly clear

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Thing is, I know Lamptey is injured, but we have Karbownik and Veltman too, I wouldn't blame this guy in thinking the pathway in this position is not exactly clear

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

And Mwepu could play there. And Alzate has. And Gross has.

Unless he is exceptional, and I mean EXCEPTIONAL, it's very unlikely he'll be anywhere near our first team this season.
I've been impressed with Tanimowo too.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
May have been a simple case of other clubs willing to pay him better wages than we were.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Tony doesn't do release clauses in contracts. Maybe that could have been an issue here ? ???

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
My guess is that after th esuccess of Lamptey, other Prem teams will be jumping on similar transfers we are linked to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here