Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Tino Livramento

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No but i know a few that do know.
    Groundsman?
    Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      No but i know a few that do know.
      I remember now that it was Ian Hart that said it on the Footie Show that he does for Latest Tv with Mark Walker and A.J. Wood.

0 Not allowed!
      So is this guy being brought in to replace Romaric Yapi in the under-23s? Otherwise I don't see the sense in getting him at all. And I don't really see what's in it for the player either. Instead of being blocked by Reece James at Chelsea, he'll be blocked by Lamptey here.

Mind you, I didn't see the point of signing Veltman and he was one of the players of last season.
      England are still the only team to have won the World Cup wearing red shirts.

1 Not allowed!
      I get the impression that we’re going for this guy not because we desperately need him but more because it’s just a good opportunity to bag another gem, one that could be profitable if we pick him up cheap enough. If lamptey stays fit next season and continues his pre-injury form then we’ll no doubt receive bids, and this guy will be next in line.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Not Andy Naylor View Post
      So is this guy being brought in to replace Romaric Yapi in the under-23s? Otherwise I don't see the sense in getting him at all. And I don't really see what's in it for the player either. Instead of being blocked by Reece James at Chelsea, he'll be blocked by Lamptey here.

Mind you, I didn't see the point of signing Veltman and he was one of the players of last season.
      Erm because lamptey is constantly injured ? Also lamptey is likely to move further forward, like bale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      Erm because lamptey is constantly injured ? Also lamptey is likely to move further forward, like bale.

Agree, Lamptey is an awesome prospect but I too worry about how many consecutive games he can play. He may have just been unlucky with injuries but being targeted every game, whilst getting minimal protection from refs isn’t going to help him. We need a quality back up for him. Veltman may well be called on to spend more time at CB next season.
      "Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field."

0 Not allowed!
      What utter nonsense. We miss diagnosed his initial injury which was what caused his set back. If we had diagnosed it correctly first time we would have seen him back before the end of the season.
      Perhaps, but he has felt a twinge in games when running at full pace, which has resulted in him being subbed, so there could possibly be a weakness that needs to be worked on.

Also the Amex pitch is unforgiving at times with certain types of injury (see Buckley).

1 Not allowed!

Think wing back. If/when tariq can is injured it is going to be great to have a player of similar quality to slot straight in and not impact the team shape too much. Veltman has never been a right back and will slot striaght into the Ben white position where he is most suited.
      Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex

0 Not allowed!

You probably need to pan out a little bit, at Chelsea and look at the ridiculous strength in depth they have. Euro winner Emerson (who has now asked for a transfer) couldn't get a game last season, whilst we used Pascal Gross as an emergency wing back (please don't try that without Ben White). Chelsea don't have a bad record at bringing through youth players, but there are also plenty who have kicked their heels and gone on endless loans. I can understand a young player wanting to take a bit more control of his own destiny.

When you go through the list of top prospects in our U23s and U18s I don't think I have seen anyone really highlight any of the wing backs as ones to watch.
      "And the beep says goal!" - Jonathan Pearce MotD 05/05/18
      https://www.northstandchat.com/showt...=1#post9556750
      Members

0 Not allowed!

He frequently played ahead of Lamps. Can also play on the left

We will rise again at Falmer... like a phoenix from the ashes of the Goldstone RIP...