Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Here they come, get ready for the roar!!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Less than 48 hours now until we hear Sue Barker utter those immortal words and we as a nation go absolutely tennis bonkers for a fortnight.

A very special tournament this year after no Wimbledon last year and the first major sporting event with full capacity audiences. Should be an absolutely cracking couple of weeks.

:clap:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I heard the Wimbledon theme on something this week and it dawned on me that it had been so long since I heard it. Looking forward to it.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Less than 48 hours now until we hear Sue Barker utter those immortal words and we as a nation go absolutely tennis bonkers for a fortnight.

A very special tournament this year after no Wimbledon last year and the first major sporting event with full capacity audiences. Should be an absolutely cracking couple of weeks.

:clap:

What's your view on full capacity crowds being allowed?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can see a falling out in my house if there are good matches that clash with any Euro games I want to watch. The wife will be banned to the bedroom tv

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I can see a falling out in my house if there are good matches that clash with any Euro games I want to watch. The wife will be banned to the bedroom tv

Funny how some women are suddenly interested in tennis when Wimbledon is on, i like asking if they watch any other tennis on tv. :)

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fvcking hate Wimbledon and everything associated with it. Memories of summers in offices full of people (almost exclusively women) who express literally no interest in sport at any other time cluelessly gabbling on endlessly about whatever twunt was on at the time……..to confirm my hatred, I actually went once on a corporate ticket. Worst ****ing ‘sporting’ experience of my life. Hordes of middle-aged, red-faced, pissed on free champagne freeloading executives and their awful wives guffawing and worrying about where their next canape was coming from with literally no interest in the actual sport at all.

….and tennis is shit anyway.

**** off.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fvcking hate Wimbledon and everything associated with it. Memories of summers in offices full of people (almost exclusively women) who express literally no interest in sport at any other time cluelessly gabbling on endlessly about whatever twunt was on at the time……..to confirm my hatred, I actually went once on a corporate ticket. Worst ****ing ‘sporting’ experience of my life. Hordes of middle-aged, red-faced, pissed on free champagne freeloading executives and their awful wives guffawing and worrying about where their next canape was coming from with literally no interest in the actual sport at all.

**** off.

:lolol::lolol: :clap2:

We will put you down as a maybe.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill

**** off.

So we can put you down as a 'maybe' then? :)

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

**** off.

there is no comeback from there

el punal

**** off.

Then you’ve got tennis’s full kit w*nker brigade of tw*ts wearing Union Jack t-shirts, hats and waving flags shouting “Come on Timmy!” or whatever plucky Brit is left in the tournament after the first day. Even worse - “Let’s see how the fans are reacting on Henman Hill” or Murray’s Mound or Williams’ Mount of Venus or such shit - as the camera swoops over the f***tards all doing their ridiculous Mexican Wave. My God how I cringe when I see those tossers. Nothing, but nothing, can compare though with the unbelievable excrement of Cliff Richard serenading the Centre Court during a rain break some years ago. Now that was a vomit inducing moment. :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here