Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Denmark - Wales, Italy - Austria

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Come on Denmark beat the Welsh, all this nonsense wanting other home nations to win make me vomit. The Scots and the Welsh will all be German fans on Tuesday.

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
This is where the tournament really gets interesting.
Neutrals must be torn between teeny, weeny Wales and emotionally charged Danes.
I'm enjoying watching these games where I don't care too much who goes through and who goes out.
I'm hoping for a feast of football, goals, penalties, extra time, HIGH DRAMA , tears and celebrations.
Then seeing Ben White lift the trophy in a couple of weeks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I know the welsh hate me and want me to die, but I still want them to win today.

Let's face it, if Denmark were closer to England the Danes would all hate me and want me to die too. That's the way it is with the English. Everyone hates us but we care so little that we can still be quite fond of them. That's what being a son or daughter of God's Own Country does to you.

And I'm only half joking :shrug:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I’m supporting Wales.

They won’t like it but I like them.

Bale & Ramsay need to turn on the ‘World Class’ against an really motivated Danish side.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I want Wales to win because they're our neighbours and I enjoy the way they have played as a team for a few years now, despite only having 2 or 3 top drawer players.

That said, if Denmark win then I'm fine with that too. Another team that are greater than the sum of their parts. I reckon it'll be a good game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Come on Denmark beat the Welsh, all this nonsense wanting other home nations to win make me vomit. The Scots and the Welsh will all be German fans on Tuesday.

This attitude on both sides makes the break up of the United Kingdom almost inevitable some time soon. A pity for me anyway.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I know the welsh hate me and want me to die, but I still want them to win today.

Let's face it, if Denmark were closer to England the Danes would all hate me and want me to die too. That's the way it is with the English. Everyone hates us but we care so little that we can still be quite fond of them. That's what being a son or daughter of God's Own Country does to you.

And I'm only half joking :shrug:

There're no sides I'd hate to lose against more than the other home nations (because frankly, it's embarassing). When we're not playing them I want them to win.

I joined the Welsh society at university, it was great fun. We just went to the pub every week and they argue with each other over what the correct Welsh word for grandmother is.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Don't care who wins, quite like both....should be a well matched game, I think Denmark will win.

BBC gossip section has link to Spanish sports publication that claims we are one of a couple of English clubs linked with Martin Braithwaite the Danish CF at Barca ???

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57600170

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This attitude on both sides makes the break up of the United Kingdom almost inevitable some time soon. A pity for me anyway.
It’s hardly a new thing, my partner of 30 yrs is a Scott and when it come to football they all detest us with a passion. I did have some fun the other morning woke her up playing that shite boogie disco song :)

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
It’s hardly a new thing, my partner of 30 yrs is a Scott and when it come to football they all detest us with a passion. I did have some fun the other morning woke her up playing that shite boogie disco song :)

That's true, but if you look at the old clips of the 1966 World Cup the crowd were flying Union flags, and obviously the SNP didn't have the same support as today.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I didn't say it was. Just an observation that people back then considered themselves more British than today.

Ah, I read that sentence as suggesting that one followed on from the other.

I'm sure it would help keep the country together if there had always been a UK or British team and league, but as it is there's always been a rivalry between the home nations, I'd say if anything it's less of an issue now in football than it used to be, given Scotland so rarely qualify and we barely play each other.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Hinterland v The Killing.

Two of the finest dramas to hit the small screen meet head to head.

The Killing takes it.

Kom nu Danmark.

Sidse v Eve Myles.....only one winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here