Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] English Premiership Rugby Final- 17.30 Twickenham- Exeter v Harlequins 26.06.21

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Harlequins play in the English Premiership Final for only the second time today. I was at the last one in 2012, a famous victory over Leicester. Exeter may prove too strong today, but I'm thankful for this rare event.

COYQ

543371_10151786810615602_1180843250_n.jpg

Before the 2012 final started, Harlequins home ground was open just across the road from Twickers. It's not like footie and folk do their own thing. So after a couple of shandys I tried to kick a few conversions. Needless to say I wasn't selected for the final.

581254_10151786799110602_37155180_n.jpg

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Harlequins fanboy here, go Quins

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Come on The Chiefs!

Hopefully Slade, the Simmonds brothers, Nowell et al will prove too strong for the Quins!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Exeter definitely have the better badge, Harlequins badge looks a bit soft for a rugby team. :) :whistle:

Maybe have a chat with big Joe about that...external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Of course, those 'neutrals' should not forget that Quins have a strong Sussex connection. Marcus Smith being a huge Albion fan who retweets NSC...

Screenshot 2021-06-26 141403.png

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Lots of JCL glory hunting Exeter fans around :lolol:

Where were you when they were shit???

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I'm always interested in how people in Sussex come to support a particular rugby team, in the absence of any particular local interest.

I vaguely prefer Leicester because I have a bit of family there and lived there briefly. In domestic terms I'm more inclined to find league interesting to watch, but have even less connection to any of the sides so have ended up wanting Wakefield to do well on the basis that some guy I know is from there.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm always interested in how people in Sussex come to support a particular rugby team, in the absence of any particular local interest.

I vaguely prefer Leicester because I have a bit of family there and lived there briefly. In domestic terms I'm more inclined to find league interesting to watch, but have even less connection to any of the sides so have ended up wanting Wakefield to do well on the basis that some guy I know is from there.

I support Quins because they are my nearest team.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Quins have only gone and DONE IT.

Sussex boy Marler man of the match. Albion fan Marcus Smith IMMENSE !

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I find it bizarre in rugby that the teams that finishes top (ie Bristol) then don't win the title.

Can you imagine Man City winning the Premier league then having to have play off matches with the rest in the top 4 to decide who then wins the title!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I find it bizarre in rugby that the teams that finishes top (ie Bristol) then don't win the title.

Can you imagine Man City winning the Premier league then having to have play off matches with the rest in the top 4 to decide who then wins the title!

Well let's put a DOWNER on it.

The play-off system works well because throughout a season a lot of players are lost for long periods to internationals etc.

In 2012 folk moaned because all that worked in Quins favour and they finished top despite having a poor second half of the season that year. They still beat Northampton and Leicester to take the title.

Quins had to go to Bristol and win to make the final, then beat Exeter on neutral ground who were strong favourites.

Quins turned their season around, finished strong, then did the impossible. Worthy winners.

COYQ.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Best final ever - such a joy to watch this Quins side - in footballing terms they remind me of Keegan's Newcastle. Sure we'll ship a few, but we'll score a few too

:thumbsup:

My exact thoughts in recent times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here