Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray Johnson (keeper from Hibs)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/exclu...s-graeme-mathie-praises-really-good-feedback/

Hibs’ young goalkeeping prospect Murray Johnson has been training with English Premier League club Brighton and Hove Albion, NTOF can reveal.

Brighton and Hibs recently announced a strategic partnership which has ‘an emphasis on player development at both clubs.’ Part of the agreement will see players from both clubs head to the Premier League and cinch Premiership for training purposes.

Johnson has been down south with Brighton as part of this agreement. The goalkeeper has already had interest from Premier League champions Manchester City while others are said to be keeping tabs on his situation. Johnson’s trip south isn’t necessarily with a view to a permanent Brighton transfer.

Hibs have four strategic partners including Brighton, the others being Lowland League outfit Civil Service Strollers, League Two side Stenhousemuir and USL Championship club Charleston Battery, who are based in America.

Easter Road sporting director Graeme Mathie told NTOF: “Brighton are a club who really value bringing through young players and they want to expand their scouting network in Scotland. They are happy to work with us and have taken Murray Johnson down for training.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Pre season training normally resumes in the third or last week of June but I’d expect it to be into July this year with the slightly later start to the season.
The 2022/23 season’s plans will be interesting with the winter World Cup needing to be built in.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Didn’t realise training had started again ???

Well I guess clubs don't fully shut down over the summer.

There's probably a lot more going on than we realize. Any club with no manager and/or a half complete squad is going to have a fair bit of catching up to do.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The story appears quite plausible to me.

We definitely have some sort of link up with Hibs and I would be suprised if Hibs had better goalkeeping coaches and facilites than us. Hope the lad does well, learns something positive from his expertence here and Hibs get some benefit from it too in the future. That's how partnerships work isn't it...?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Pre season training normally resumes in the third or last week of June but I’d expect it to be into July this year with the slightly later start to the season.
The 2022/23 season’s plans will be interesting with the winter World Cup needing to be built in.

There isn’t a slightly later start to this season, it starts on the second Saturday of August which has been the traditional start date for the PL for quite a number of seasons now (with last season being the obvious exception).

In 2019 our players reported back on June 27th for a season that started on 10th August, I would expect them to be reporting back around the 1st July based on that schedule, although they may be a few days later given the later ending to the 2020-21 season. Obviously those involved in the Euros will report back later and Alexis Mac Allister is likely to miss all of pre season as he’s in the Argentina squad for the Olympics.

I can’t find any confirmed dates for any PL clubs yet, only Chelsea who’ve confirmed players will return in the first week of July.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Is he one of Boris' kids?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The whole arrangements seems pretty good. We can help develop some of their youngsters and they could potentially take some of our players on loan for experience. It gives us a foothold in Scotland - not all their players are cr*p.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Probably a lot easier logistically, to arrange ad hoc training just for goalkeepers than it is for the entire squad. Fewer coaching peronnel needed, and much less space required too.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
It gives us a foothold in Scotland - not all their players are cr*p.

I know, Monkey Tennis, etc etc.
But, a nation the size of Denmark, Finland, Croatia, Slovakia...
You'd theoretically at least be as likely to find someone worth signing, or two, in Scotland, as any of those.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
What next? A Proclaimers concert at the Amex? :wink:

They’d have to walk just under 500 miles…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here