Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish to City 100m

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Slightly surprising how all these deals are supposedly happening while the players at the Euros and Southgate had previously stated he didn't want any transfer-related distractions. Can't be helpful. :shrug:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Slightly surprising how all these deals are supposedly happening while the players at the Euros and Southgate had previously stated he didn't want any transfer-related distractions. Can't be helpful. :shrug:

Have to agree. I wonder if Kane has been on the phone regards his possible move to City as well.

Disappointed with Southgate and the England team for not blocking these things out.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Have to agree. I wonder if Kane has been on the phone regards his possible move to City as well.

Disappointed with Southgate and the England team for not blocking these things out.

I.appreciate we have had a head to head on the white thread so isn't me singling you out, but how would we block these out? We may say players can't go.off for medicals etc but we can't really stop the players representatives and clubs speaking which is ultimately where transfers are agreed. Probably a little phone call the the player after training by the agent just to say "it's going well".

Not much England can do other than politely ask clubs to not announce things until after we are knocked out.

Note- you can tell I'm in full England mode when I say "we" :lolol:

Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The fairy tale success story of Man City continues.

And still Ipswich Town have won more European club trophies in the last 50 years.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
That's the rest of the premier league f***ed if they sign up Kane and Grealish. Could see City dominating for a few years.

I think Kane is turning into the new ZAHA, rumbled, bang average. In top 6 PL terms. Never been any interest from abroad.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
That's the rest of the premier league f***ed if they sign up Kane and Grealish. Could see City dominating for a few years.

Your surprised ?
It has been for years, just an elite few clubs and the rest scrambling around for respectability and survival, living off the odd giant killing or good cup run, even those are dominated by the elite to be honest.

That is why everyone rooted for Leicester, but forget they are bank rolled better than the likes of Arsenal and possibly Tottenham at the moment.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Does much happen ? Presumably most of the interest was known before the Euros. Leave it for players agents and get the deals 'done' after the tournament

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Cant see both Kane and Grealish going to City... signing both would be too much money even for them.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

It's almost as if outlets need some speculative content to fill in the gaps between England matches to keep the clicks coming in... :whistle:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Isn't that what a lot of people said about Liverpool after they won the title?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Cant see both Kane and Grealish going to City... signing both would be too much money even for them.

I can't see Kane and Grealish going to Man City, when Pep Guardiola is in charge, anyone else puzzled by this?

If there is any substance to these rumours, it suggests to me that the owners have got inpatient that they haven't yet won the Champions League and want to go down the route of buying the most expensive talent to achieve this. It would be really entertaining if Pep walked and City ended up replacing a team, with a bag of over-priced Galictico spanners.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018

There was a report in one of the sensible papers over the weekend that Sterling would be offered as part of a swap deal for Kane. If that's known in the England camp it can't do much for team spirit but may keep inspiring Sterling to score I guess.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I can't see Kane and Grealish going to Man City, when Pep Guardiola is in charge, anyone else puzzled by this?

If there is any substance to these rumours, it suggests to me that the owners have got inpatient that they haven't yet won the Champions League and want to go down the route of buying the most expensive talent to achieve this. It would be really entertaining if Pep walked and City ended up replacing a team, with a bag of over-priced Galictico spanners.

I dont think so. If they would have wanted to sack him, they would probably have done it last year. Seems their owners got a hands-off approach and that the football people at the club are actually in charge of the football... probably part of their success. And these football people are all Peps buddies from Barcelona. Cant see him walk and cant see him sacked as long as things dont go really, really downhill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here