Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] CBD oil recommendations.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I'm going to give CBD oil a go with some pain and headaches I get related to my disability but wanted to know others thoughts. What brand, what delivery method works best etc?

Ta.

When I say delivery method I don't mean DPD or Royal Mail...

Last edited:

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
There have been threads on this in the past, you'll find lots of recommendations if you search.

Blessed CBD and Provacan are good, have tried both. Look for voucher codes, don't pay the advertised "list" price.

Go for a stronger oil, at least around 1200mg and use 3 or 4 drops under the tongue.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
Blessed is who I used, very pleased with the quality and effectiveness of the product. I used the liquid drops on the tongue at night.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've been tempted to try this, I've weaned of steroids after 2 years but still suffering from PMR symptoms. Doesn't stop me from doing most things but living in constant discomfort and pain is depressing.

I'd quite happily just smoke, but I woldn't get much done, and work probably wouldn't be best pleased. :whistle::smokin::laugh:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I've never used CBD oil but three friends from Sussex University have been pretty successful in setting up their own company doing it.

https://treedcbd.co.uk/ Genuinely lovely blokes, idea born in Falmer and a small business attempting to be sustainable.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
There have been threads on this in the past, you'll find lots of recommendations if you search.

Blessed CBD and Provacan are good, have tried both. Look for voucher codes, don't pay the advertised "list" price.

Go for a stronger oil, at least around 1200mg and use 3 or 4 drops under the tongue.

I am quite interested in cannabis oil but I am confused by the strengths.
When you say 1200 mgs is that 1200 mgs of cannaboids?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
I am quite interested in cannabis oil but I am confused by the strengths.
When you say 1200 mgs is that 1200 mgs of cannaboids?

The oils are derived from hemp. The strengths are the total amount of CBD per bottle, so if you take a 1200mg bottle and take a few drops it would be in the order of 20mg for example.

CBD is just one of many cannabinoid compounds. The best CBD oils have published lab reports and are full spectrum. They show they contain many other beneficial cannabinoid compounds, with terpenes but trace THC.

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The oils are derived from hemp. The strengths are the total amount of CBD per bottle, so if you take a 1200mg bottle and take a few drops it would be in the order of 20mg for example.

CBD is just one of many cannabinoid compounds. The best CBD oils have published lab reports and are full spectrum. They show they contain many other beneficial cannabinoid compounds, with terpenes but trace THC.

Ok I think I understand now.
The higher the mg on the bottle then the higher the amount of cannaboids per individual drop.
Thanks very much.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've ordered some 1000mg online, to try out.

Shame they don't put the THC in a separate bottle as a bonus ;-)

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Blessed is who I used, very pleased with the quality and effectiveness of the product. I used the liquid drops on the tongue at night.

EicmF1PX0AISceL.png

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
I popped in Holland & Barrett and picked up a couple of these as they were buy one get one for a penny.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/jacob-hooy-cbd-oil-5-60018333

Only 500mg per bottle but if they don't have an affect I'll go stronger

So, I've been using this oil for nearly a month now and I have to say there's been a marked improvement, especially where the headaches are concerned. I get far fewer headaches and when I do get one it's much less intense and it also disappears quicker when I take paracetamol & ibuprofen.

I'm quite astounded as I wasn't expecting it to work at all, and this is the mildest dose.

Dec 29, 2011
So, I've been using this oil for nearly a month now and I have to say there's been a marked improvement, especially where the headaches are concerned. I get far fewer headaches and when I do get one it's much less intense and it also disappears quicker when I take paracetamol & ibuprofen.

I'm quite astounded as I wasn't expecting it to work at all, and this is the mildest dose.

Thanks for reporting back, it's not often people do that. I've been trying CBD for the first time for the past few weeks. To be honest I'm not sure if it's having an affect but I've ready it needs some time to build up in your body. I've got a month's supply so I guess there's no harm in keep using it and decide later.

Do you feel it very obviously or is it possibly a placebo?

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for reporting back, it's not often people do that. I've been trying CBD for the first time for the past few weeks. To be honest I'm not sure if it's having an affect but I've ready it needs some time to build up in your body. I've got a month's supply so I guess there's no harm in keep using it and decide later.

Do you feel it very obviously or is it possibly a placebo?

Definitely not a placebo no. I would get strong headaches up the back of my head and pain in my neck due to my scoliosis which would last 2 or 3 days and then ease off and then come back again for a few days.

I suppose the oil has relaxed the muscles and tendons or perhaps even altered the pain receptors in my brain? But that's purely a guess.

I started feeling the affects of the oil after about a week of use so if you've been using for a few weeks I guess it's not working. It could be that particular brand of oil or the strength isn't enough or it could be the delivery method. Maybe you'll respond better to capsules rather than drops.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Daughter has just started a new job as a senior research nurse on a stage 1 clinical trial where cannabis is being prescribed……initially to metastatic cancer patients. Interesting stuff…….

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I took 20mg a day for a week, initiallt thought it was placebo effect, so stopped . . . . . Then felt a bit worse, have been doing the same each day the last 5 days and feel better, it definitely helps. I got some oil from a hemp supplier named after one of Santas little helpers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here