Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you let your kid play for Palace?

Would you let your kid play for Palace?

• Total voters

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It would be my son's choice and I would honour that, however I would like to think I have brought him up correctly and he would tell them where to shove it.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

el punal

A friend of one of my kids is currently on trial at Crystal Palace academy. His dad is a dedicated Brighton fan and has been a season ticket holder since forever. The whole thing is odd for the dad as he naturally wants his son to do well but obviously would prefer them not to be at Palace.

Would you let your kid play for Palace academy??

Of course I would, but on the strict understanding that he achieves the accolade of top scorer - for own goals. :drink:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
A good West Ham supporting friend of mine, who also runs a couple of teams in Sussex, has two excellent kids who both were snapped up by London based Academy's.

One eventually failed to make it, but the other ended up at Chelsea. He’s an England regular and, in fact, fact he played in the game against you guys in that pre season match and looks like he is going to make it as a professional footballer.

Do you think his dad gives a stuff he’s going to make it at Chelsea rather than his beloved West Ham?

Behave.

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
Depends on the situation, if there was a similar offer on the table from the Albion then I'd be gutted, but if Palace was the only choice? sure, 100% support them! couldn't go watch them score against the Albion though!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thats fair enough but what if Palace were the only club who approached your nipper. Would you deny them the chance of playing for a club who play in the Premier league and all the contacts in professional football that opportunity may bring.

I’d get them in at Hastings Utd. I know a guy… or used to 15 years ago… bigger club, better facilities.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Of course.

Is the right answer.

If other clubs were clamouring for his tiny signature it may be a different story, but this would depende whether it were a top side (indluding The Albion) or the likes of Orient/Barnet.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For youngsters in East Sussex in Under 12 or younger the only 2 decent academies that will take you are Albion or Palace. It's not usual for kids to be released by one and snapped up by the other. Once the kids are Under13 the allowed travel time to training goes up to 90 minutes each way so the London clubs come more of a possibility.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
My brother was on Readings books from 12 to 16 ,nothing worse in my eyes . Mark McGhee rated him very highly ,but he never went higher than the conference.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Can't stand kids. Palace can have it, and keep it.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
My youngest son is 17, he’s played football since age 6 ( in teams ) I very much doubt he will get signed by Palace or any pro team now, so I voted no. :).
If he had been signed as a kid I don’t think I would have wanted to travel up there to take him to training and matches,
I’m quite happy he plays for Newhaven :)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Sure if kiddo is able to walk the Sweden - Croydon distance a couple of times a week. I dont have a drivers license and even if I did its a bit far.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here