Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Would you let your kid play for Palace?

Would you let your kid play for Palace?

• Total voters

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A friend of one of my kids is currently on trial at Crystal Palace academy. His dad is a dedicated Brighton fan and has been a season ticket holder since forever. The whole thing is odd for the dad as he naturally wants his son to do well but obviously would prefer them not to be at Palace.

Would you let your kid play for Palace academy??

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
For me paternal instincts would win and I'd want my kid to do well but maybe others might think otherwise?

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Absolutely.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Of course not - plenty of clubs around. **** the cheating floor shitting ***** and all of you who voted yes :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Obviously my kids are my world and the eye can make their own decisions for what’s best for them. Won’t vote yes though :lol:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Obviously my kids are my world and the eye can make their own decisions for what’s best for them. Won’t vote yes though :lol:

Haha! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd love to know what the boy's mother said and whether his dad owns a firearm.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Of course not - plenty of clubs around. **** the cheating floor shitting ***** and all of you who voted yes :thumbsup:
Thats fair enough but what if Palace were the only club who approached your nipper. Would you deny them the chance of playing for a club who play in the Premier league and all the contacts in professional football that opportunity may bring.

D

Deleted member 2719

I would not stop them, but I don't think my daughter would want to play for palace, my son......hmmmmmmmmmmmmm he might as he has zaha in his fifa team!

Brighton has just signed up one of my daughter's teammates.

She has the right attitude hopefully she will do well.:O

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I might be conflicted on some levels, but at the end of the day you have to do the right thing by your child.

and say no.

Social Services may get involved if you said yes :)

D

Deleted member 2719

Talking about kids playing for pro clubs, I wonder how many make the selection process on genetics and family name???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
My son unfortunately takes after me. He's a large, slow, industrial centre back at an average Sunday team.

Therefore I voted no effing way :)

Probably a better answer is one of his best mates at school who is an academy level keeper and has had trials at Palace, Charlton and Brighton (from what the boy tells me). I hope he gets in any of them if it gives him a career in football,

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Talking about kids playing for pro clubs, I wonder how many make the selection process on genetics and family name???

It's a multi billion pound game now and you can't carry passengers. Do you have any examples?

Ashley Neal doesn't count as that was over 20 years ago.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Disowned

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Two words: “sleeper agent”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here