Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] £2,104.18: tourists charged by the date for rides on Brighton Palace Pier

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...by-the-date-for-rides-on-brighton-palace-pier

The pier – which is largely cashless – blamed the fiasco on the processing company Worldpay, which it said had used the date of the transaction instead of the actual amount in each case.

Worldpay, which is now working to provide refunds, then compounded the anger of customers who contacted it by refusing to engage with them on the grounds of data protection.

I believe the technical term is "whoops"

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Always amazes be how businesses can take your money out of your account immediately but refunds strangely take days ..... one word to Worldpay ..... BACS !!!!!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
At least you didn’t have to cough up to some naughty Scouse boys doing the “look after yer car mistah” routine. :D

One of the little oinks did me up there last time. After i parked i got the obligatory
“look after yer car mistah”, told him i was alright as i had left my
Rottweiler in the back and he would look after it ok thank you.

"can he put out fires mistah", cocky little shit, cost me a tenner !

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's also affected hundreds of pubs banking systems in the city. Apparently people have been charged over£5 for a pint of crap lager in lots of places

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
They can count themselves lucky they weren't on a 4-digit year. £202,104.18 would have been interesting. Good luck gettng the refund when the directors and staff have all retired to the Bahamas. :)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am puzzled as to why this has only become news over 3 years after the error

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Always amazes be how businesses can take your money out of your account immediately but refunds strangely take days ..... one word to Worldpay ..... BACS !!!!!!

Interestingly though - if the date was 18 April, the article says that they didn't take the money till 22 June!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here